Industry News

Russia 2018 sells 98% of available tickets

About 98 per cent of all tickets that are currently available for the 2018 Fifa World Cup in Russia have been sold, organisers have announced just 24 hours after resuming sales.

The ticketing window opened again yesterday (Thursday) on a first-come, first-served basis.

A total of 159,402 tickets have been allocated to fans from around the world through, with only a few products still available in this sales period.

From the total number of applications, 51 per cent have come from Russian fans, with international demand accounting for the remaining 49 per cent. Fans from Argentina, Mexico, the US, Brazil, Colombia, China, Australia, Germany and India make up the rest of the top 10.

The current sales period, which will end on November 28, will allow fans to purchase tickets in real time with immediate confirmation of successful applications. Only special-access tickets (SATs) are left after the current ticket sales period opened yesterday.

A total of 622,117 tickets were successfully allocated upon conclusion of the first window of sales in October.

Almost 3.5 million tickets had initially been requested with many ticket products and matches being heavily oversubscribed, requiring the allocation of tickets through a random selection draw process.

The ticketing window will open again on December 5.