Industry News

West Ham to trial new away ticketing system

Premier League football club West Ham United is set to trial a new method for away ticket sales to allow more season ticket holders and Claret members the opportunity to follow the team on the road.

Under the new system, the club will hold 10 per cent of every away allocation for its 52,000 members to purchase on a first come, first served basis, while the other 90 per cent of away tickets will first be allocated by season ticket holder priority points.

A club spokesperson said: “West Ham United hope the new system will enable as many supporters to follow the team away from home, while still offering priority to those loyal fans who currently travel week in, week out.

“Those who narrowly miss out via season ticket holder priority points will effectively have another chance to secure a seat, while our season ticket holders and Claret members – consisting of Hammers supporters both in the UK and abroad – can begin to build priority points and attend games they historically would not be able to.”

The trial will be carried out across the five upcoming away matches, starting with the trip to Stoke City on December 16. That will be followed by the Carabao Cup quarter final at Arsenal, the visit to Tottenham Hotspur on December 31, Huddersfield Town on January 13and Brighton and Hove Albion on February 3.

West Ham’s ticket office has secured a further 2,040 tickets for the Carabao Cup quarter-final at Emirates Stadium, meaning more than 7,000 supporters will be in attendance.

West Ham said: “Once the trial period has taken place, there will be a full review of the system before it is decided whether it will become permanent.”

Image: joshjdss