Ticketmaster, which was in charge of Coronation Concert ticketing, has been lambasted by Twitter users after being informed they had won tickets, before logging on to find that they had all been snapped up.
Twitter user Laura Wood said: “Disgraceful from Ticketmaster – receive an email saying I’ve won two tickets to the Coronation Concert in the ballet and then when you click to claim them, they’re all gone. Total shambles of a system. Beyond disappointed Ticketmaster.”
Successful applicants were told they had until yesterday (Thursday) to claim the tickets, with Ticketmaster saying that tickets in the first two rounds were guaranteed according to a report from the BBC.
The Coronation Concert is being held on the grounds of Windsor Castle on May 7, and will feature performances from Take That, Katie Perry and Lionel Richie. The BBC is behind the organisation of the concert and Ticketmaster is allocating the tickets.
A Ticketmaster spokeswoman told the BBC: “Everyone who was successful in the two main ballot rounds for the Coronation Concert was offered a guaranteed pair of tickets, provided they claimed them within three weeks.
“Today [Thursday], any unclaimed tickets were released on a first-come, first-served basis to those who had previously applied to the ballot and were unsuccessful. These inevitably went very quickly.”