Please note this role will be offered on a fixed term contract until 31st August 2022.
Formula E is the pinnacle of electric motorsport; unpredictable, highly competitive open cockpit, open wheel racing in the centre of some of the world’s most iconic cities.
In its first seven seasons, Formula E has crowned 6 different champions and celebrated 21 winners in 84 races. With more automotive manufacturers on the grid than any other motorsport, the ABB FIA Formula E World Championship is one of the world’s most compelling racing series and enters its eighth season as the fastest growing sport on the planet.
But we’re more than a race; Formula E was founded to counteract climate change by accelerating the adoption of electric vehicles and as an unparalleled proving ground for race-to-road electric vehicle technologies. In Season 8, our ambition has grown as has our vision to accelerate sustainable human progress through an all out race for better futures. The only sport certified net zero carbon since inception, Formula E is a beacon for fans who want to enjoy edge-of-seat racing today at the same time as having a positive effect on the world tomorrow.
Working with us
At Formula E, we have created an environment that supports our colleagues to perform at their best. We are innovative, curious and we love the world we live in which is why we value sustainability. We believe that work should be fun and, whilst we are passionate about delivery, we are one team and supporting each other is key to our success.
What you will be doing
- Through your experience of the hospitality market and an established network of contacts identify new sales targets within the corporate hospitality and B2B landscape
- Drive awareness, engagement and revenue generation for the Formula E London E-Prix and the suite of hospitality experiences
- Work in conjunction with the Ticketing & Hospitality Director and Senior VIP Ticketing Manager across available inventory, managing the full sales pipeline of VIP hospitality external to the Formula E ecosystem
- Drive sales efforts to maximise the commercial opportunity across the range of products
- Liaise with local teams and the Partnerships team to establish any crossover opportunities. Share leads and opportunities to support the wider commercial team in delivering potential other revenue streams and deeper repeat business relationships with key brands
- Maintain high-level contact and communication with senior executives within Formula E to uncover existing and new opportunities as well as needs for new products to be communicated back to the Ticketing & Hospitality Director
- Be proactive in identifying client / end user needs and in looking for solutions to adapt / offer bespoke experiences in conjunction with these
- Where applicable, upsell ancillary race related products
- Managing all sales interest communicated via Formula E’s various channels – social media; website; emails; direct enquiries
- Produce and maintain timely, accurate reporting across the full pipeline – awareness; prospecting; meetings; consideration; sales metrics and post-race reports.
What we are looking for
- A sales professional with knowledge of the sports and/or live events industry. Experience in motorsport would be advantageous
- Proficiency in presentations both face to face and digitally to decision level executives and high net worth clients
- Strong understanding of customer and hospitality market dynamics and B2B requirements
- Demonstrated ability to close and generate revenues, preferably in the sports or live events industry
- Proven experience from previous roles in encompassing direct sales calls; research; appointment making; promotional campaigns; corporate entertaining, networking, social events, client familiarisation visits and contract negotiation
Skills and aptitudes:
- Confident by nature, with the ability to utilise cold outreach techniques to reach and engage new clients
- Ability to understand and communicate the wider context of the Formula E Experience
- Strives to meet and exceed targets
- Proficient computer and CRM skills
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation, presentation skills
- Sense of ownership and appreciation of the overarching commercial aspect of the role
- Highly focused self-starter with the ability to work both autonomously and proactively
- Results-oriented: Demonstrates appropriate agility to adapt under evolving circumstances and work to stretched goals
- Strong existing network / contacts across the B2B landscape
- Expert in building and maintaining strong relationships
- You are commercially minded with the ability to spot revenue opportunities and educate potential clients on enhancing their experience
- Desire to work in the forefront of the Motorsport hospitality landscape
- Self-motivated and results driven
- Articulate with an excellent telephone manner
- Fluency in spoken and written English, another language would be advantageous.
The small print…
Before applying, please make sure you read the Formula E Privacy Notice available on our website: https://www.fiaformulae.com/en/jobs
We receive a high number of applications per role and therefore ONLY successful applicants will be contacted.
PLEASE NOTE: It is unlawful to employ a person in a UK-based job who does not have permission to live and work in the UK. You should make yourself aware of how immigration laws apply to your situation before applying for any jobs. Formula E is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer a unique opportunity, a competitive salary and an environment that inspires innovation and supports professionals to perform at their best in their chosen fields.