Location: Central Birmingham, UK
Division: Ticketmaster Sport – Tournaments
Line Manager: Operations Manager – Tournaments
Contract Terms: fixed term contract, 40 hours per week
Ticketmaster Sport Tournaments division provides ticketing services to an increasing number of international sporting tournaments and events. Our services have been employed to provide a ticketing solution for the Birmingham 2022 (B2022) Commonwealth Games taking place at 15 venues, including the NEC precinct, across the West Midlands in 2022. As part of our project delivery team for this event we are recruiting a dedicated Ticketing Systems Manager.
The Games Time Operations Manager will oversee planning and delivery of all operational tasks, including games time recruitment, access control management, ticket office provision and ticket office operations.
Working with the Call Centre, Product and Field IT teams and in close liaison with Birmingham 2022 staff, the successful applicant will co-ordinate all aspects of the project’s path from an operational perspective.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Managing the recruitment of ticket office managers and staff.
- Managing systems and operational training for games time staff.
- Becoming a key ticketing system user to contribute to the project operationally as required during different phases of the project.
- Liaising with B2022 and Ticketmaster to facilitate accreditation and accommodation where required for all games time staff
- Overseeing ticket fulfilment and distribution processes
- Co-ordinating installations and setup for ticket offices and access control alongside the Field IT teams and B2022 IT department.
- Managing match day logistics including ticket stock distribution and cash collection
- To maintain close liaison with the client, communicating status and responding to issues and questions.
- To ensure activities meet with and integrate with organisational requirements for quality management, health and safety, legal stipulations, environmental policies and general duty of care.
- Contribute to Ticketmaster’s Corporate Social Responsibility commitment by being actively involved in activities which spotlight Birmingham 2022 and have a positive impact on the local society.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW (or TECHNICAL SKILLS)
- Experienced in delivering multi-venue ticketing operations ticketing event projects
- Skilled in the implementation and operation of Ticketing systems. Knowledge of the Ticketmaster Sport XT platform is advantageous.
- Excellent communication skills and persuasive in gaining agreement between all team members
- English language essential.
YOU (BEHAVIOURAL SKILLS)
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Time management – working with the team to deliver the project on time within agreed timeframes
- Accountability – Take ownership and ensure that Ticketmaster obligations are met with client satisfaction.
- Integrity – Ensure that tasks are carried out professionally.
- Teamwork – Work with the client, partner and Ticketmaster team to ensure a cohesive and inclusive collaboration.
- Communication – Be clear and concise in your communication to all project team members and stakeholders.
- Service Excellence – You must deliver the best possible service to our clients and customers.
- Calm – You should be able to work calmly and rationally under high-pressure situations.
- Flexible – You must be flexible in your working approach and in your working hours to enable you to work to our client and partners standards and requirements.
- Must be willing to travel to Ticketmaster Offices (Including potential international travel) to work with the relevant teams. Covid-19 guidelines dependent.
LIFE AT TICKETMASTER
We are proud to be a part of Live Nation Entertainment, the world’s largest live entertainment company.
Our vision at Ticketmaster is to connect people around the world to the live events they love. As the world’s largest ticket marketplace and the leading global provider of enterprise tools and services for the live entertainment business, we are uniquely positioned to successfully deliver on that vision.
We do it all with an intense passion for Live and an inspiring and diverse culture driven by accessible leaders, attentive managers, and enthusiastic teams. If you’re passionate about live entertainment like we are, and you want to work at a company dedicated to helping millions of fans experience it, we want to hear from you.
Our work is guided by our values:
Reliability – We understand that fans and clients rely on us to power their live event experiences, and we rely on each other to make it happen.
Teamwork – We believe individual achievement pales in comparison to the level of success that can be achieved by a team
Integrity – We are committed to the highest moral and ethical standards on behalf of the countless partners and stakeholders we represent
Belonging – We are committed to building a culture in which all people can be their authentic selves, have an equal voice and opportunities to thrive.
We are passionate and committed to our people and go beyond the rhetoric of diversity and inclusion. You will be working in an inclusive environment and be encouraged to bring your whole self to work. We will do all that we can to help you successfully balance your work and homelife. As a growing business we will encourage you to develop your professional and personal aspirations, enjoy new experiences, and learn from the talented people you will be working with. It’s talent that matters to us and we encourage applications from people irrespective of their gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status or caring responsibilities.