As a lead part of the sales team for the UK’s largest ticketing company this role will challenge the norm and support Ticketmaster and UNIVERSE in generating new ticketing business across primarily a range of diverse events and live experiences, ensuring we retain our leading position in the lucrative event ticketing market. Your naturally outgoing personality will need to shine through at all times. The successful candidate will have a proven new business sales track record backed up by achievements against targets.
What you will be doing:
- Responsible for the creations and delivery of the core Special Events and Sports Attractions business development strategy with support from the SVP of Client Development and Commercial
- Create customised sales and marketing materials to suit varied potential audiences
- Demonstrate product knowledge to allow for effective presentation of company technology and services.
- Establish, maintain and grow a database of qualified leads through referrals, face-to-face meetings, email, and networking.
- Line management and recruitment responsibilities of sales representatives to assist in lead generation across all general admission type events for all Ticketmaster platforms.
- Represent the company at trade exhibitions, events and demonstrations and networking events, as well as undertaking business development/client entertaining where appropriate.
- Maintain accurate records of all sales and prospecting activities.
- Liaise with Legal and Finance teams to ensure contracts are issued and completed in a timely manner.
- Work across all departments to ensure smooth operation of client business.
- Regional travel as required to meet business needs and commitments.
- Providing feedback to senior management regarding the market intelligence and major opportunities
- Drive increased revenue and profit to achieve company growth targets
- Maintain and renew existing client business/relationships developing key client relationships
- Sales forecasting/pipeline accuracy
- Lead client bids of note across the UK, supporting more junior members of staff where required
- Lead on the development and own key strategic relationships across a range of decision makers, influences and gate keepers within the sports, attractions and special events industries who can help advance our business efficacy to cross sell, up-sell such products and services as specialist/group sales, paperless tickets, bundling and merchandise.
- Deliver regular reporting and presentations to the TM Senior Leadership team on the business performance across all areas of responsibility.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
Proven demonstrable experience in Business Development in the ticketing industry or BTB sales in a similar field (ideally with established relationships with venue owners, promoters and event organisers).
Understanding of the Ticketmaster / UNIVERSE product range (desirable but not essential).
Experience working in a fast-paced environment.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Multi-tasker who is proactive, logical and is able to handle several projects at once.
Proficiency in PowerPoint essential.
Salesforce experience, desirable.
Strong communication skills
Target driven ambitious individual
Detail oriented with excellent organisational skills
Passionate interest in the live entertainment business
Ability to work alone or as part of a team