jOB DESCRIPTION – BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT EXECUTIVE
Company: Ticketmaster Ireland
Department: Business Development
Reports to: Head of Business Development
Working hours: 37.5 hours per week plus additional time as required
Ticketmaster has been operating in Ireland since 1997. Recognised as the market leader in ticketing, the business is constantly investing in technology innovation and has a commitment to deliver world class service across the entertainment, Arts and Sport ticketing sectors. Since launching its website in May 1998, Ticketmaster has established itself as the most popular and trusted destination for tickets North & South. Ticketmaster Ireland is part of Ticketmaster International.
As part of the Business Development team we’re looking for a highly motivated and focussed Business Development Executive to challenge the norm and support us in generating new ticketing business across a wide spectrum of genres. It’s an exciting opportunity to take the next step in your career by dealing with a wide variety of clients from every genre of the events industry including music and sports. Your naturally outgoing personality will need to shine through at all times and you should have a proven new business sales track record backed up by achievements against targets.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Enthusiastically generate leads through independent research and discovery.
- Maintain and develop leads from the Ticketmaster (TM) website and internal referrals.
- Provide sales admin support to senior Sales Team
- Develop sales of ancillary revenue products such as Gift Cards & Upsell items.
- Maintain and develop client relationships & leads through meetings, regular phone calls and additional event non business meetings.
- Work closely with all departments to ensure smooth operation of clients’ business.
- Responsible for consolidation and compilation of weekly Business Development Update Reports.
- Assist and support the wider business development team across all genres.
- Create customised sales and marketing materials to suit varied potential audiences.
- Demonstrate product knowledge to allow for effective presentation of company technology and services to both clients and colleagues.
- A lead role in the utilisation of Sales Force within the sales department.
- Maintain accurate records of all sales and prospecting activities.
- Liaise with Legal and Finance teams to ensure contracts are issued and completed in a timely manner.
- Travel as required to meet business needs and commitments, including Northern Ireland
- Additional duties as required, including out of hours and weekends.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW (or TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS)
- Proven demonstrable experience in sales in the ticketing industry or similar field (ideally with established relationships with venue owners, promoters and event organisers)
- Understanding of the Ticketmaster & Universe product range (desirable but not essential)
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Multi-tasker who is proactive, logical and is able to handle several projects at once
- Some experience with Salesforce is desirable
YOU (BEHAVIOURAL SKILLS)
- Strong communication skills
- Target driven ambitious individual
- Detail oriented with excellent organisational skills
- Passionate interest in the live entertainment business
- Team player who actively participates and can work on own initiative independently.
- Strong time management and organisational skills with ability to multitask in fast paced environment.
- Flexible attitude to work activities.
- Good problem-solving abilities.
- Trustworthy and reliable
- Comfortable liaising with various teams.
- Reliability – We understand that fans and clients rely on us to power their live event experiences, and we rely on each other to make it happen.
- Teamwork – – We believe individual achievement pales in comparison to the level of success that can be achieved by a team.
- Integrity – We are committed to the highest moral and ethical standards on behalf of the countless partners and stakeholders we represent.
- Belonging – We are committed to building a culture in which all people can be their authentic selves, have an equal voice and opportunities to thrive.
We are passionate and committed to our people and go beyond the rhetoric of diversity and inclusion. You will be working in an inclusive environment and be encouraged to bring your whole self to work. We will do all that we can to help you successfully balance your work and homelife. As a growing business we will encourage you to develop your professional and personal aspirations, enjoy new experiences, and learn from the talented people you will be working with. It’s talent that matters to us and we encourage applications from people irrespective of their gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status or caring responsibilities.
We’re fans who help fans everywhere get into the live events they love. A proud division of Live Nation Entertainment, Ticketmaster has changed the way the world connects with their favourite artists, teams, and shows, and we continue to shape innovation every day. We’re not just selling tickets (though we do that better than anyone else), we’re enriching lives one incredible experience at a time. And we think that’s pretty amazing. If you’re passionate about the magic of live entertainment like we are, and you want to work at a company dedicated to helping millions of fans experience it, we want to hear from you.
We have a ‘Fan First’ mindset, placing customers at the heart of everything we do. Whether working behind the scenes or engaging directly with the ‘Fan’ you will be part of a culture that supports and enriches the fan experience. Your work, our passion… delivering world class experiences – Fan First.
Ticketmaster is the world’s largest ticket marketplace and the global market leader in live event ticketing products and services. Through official partnerships with thousands of venues, artists, sports teams, festivals, performing arts centres and theatres, Ticketmaster now processes over 500 million tickets. As part of Live Nation Entertainment, the largest live entertainment company in the world, Ticketmaster is traded on the New York Stock Exchange as NYSE: LYV.
Ticketmaster operates in over 30 countries across North America, South America, Europe and Asia Pacific. Overall, the company employs over 6,500 individuals. Ticketmaster was established in Phoenix, Arizona in 1976.