Location: London, UK
Division: Ticketmaster UK and IE
Line Manager: Senior Content Manager
Contract Terms: Permanent, 40 hours per week
Ticketmaster UK, part of Live Nation Entertainment is the largest live entertainment company in the world, consisting of five businesses: concert promotion and venue operations, sponsorship, ticketing solutions, ecommerce and artist management. The Ticketmaster Marketing team drives customer engagement via our Content, CRM and Performance Marketing channels, creating campaigns to retain existing fans, acquire new fans and ultimately drive sales.
The role of the Content Executive and Sub Editor is to produce and edit content across the Ticketmaster UK site and to assist in the development and execution of the digital marketing plans.
You will be a talented editor and writer with excellent attention to detail, a passion for the written word and live entertainment, and a meticulous approach to spelling, grammar and factual accuracy. You’ll collaborate with members of the marketing team and wider business to create, facilitate and promote word-perfect copy. You’ll also be bursting with creative ideas on how to engage fans through content marketing channels.
Ticketmaster UK is part of Live Nation Entertainment, the largest live entertainment company in the world, consisting of five businesses: concert promotion and venue operations, sponsorship, ticketing solutions, ecommerce and artist management. Live Nation seeks to innovate and enhance the live entertainment experience for artists and fans: before, during and after the show. Live Nation Entertainment incorporates various high-profile brands including Ticketmaster, Academy Music Group (AMG) and Live Nation Music.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Sub-editing social copy, blog posts, artist biographies and email copy in keeping with brand tone of voice.
- Writing copy for our editorial platform, artist pages and social channels as required.
- Using web content management systems to publish content and update assets across the site.
- Day-to-day scheduling for the Ticketmaster social media accounts.
- Working with the senior content manager and content and marketing teams to conceive, create and deliver new creative campaign, social media and editorial ideas to promote the Ticketmaster brand.
- Ensuring content is optimised for SEO and best practice is implemented across all digital elements.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW (or TECHNICAL SKILLS)
- Educated to degree level in Journalism (or a related subject) or previous experience in digital content marketing, social media or journalism.
- Proven experience as a sub-editor working with a high volume of copy.
- Able to edit quickly and accurately while adapting to brand tone of voice
- Ability to use Microsoft office software packages to a competent standard
- Previous experience of using analytics programmes (such as Google Analytics) is desirable
- Experience with video and audio editing software is desirable
YOU (BEHAVIOURAL SKILLS)
- Organised, self-motivated and capable of working on own initiative
- Enthusiastic, confident and able to communicate at all levels
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Strong creative skills
- Good time management skills with an ability to plan and prioritise competing work demands
- Excellent verbal communications skills
- Demonstrable creativity and innovation in a business context relevant to the role
NOTE: To work from a Ticketmaster office, full COVID-19 vaccination will be required.
LIFE AT TICKETMASTER
We are proud to be a part of Live Nation Entertainment, the world’s largest live entertainment company.
Our vision at Ticketmaster is to connect people around the world to the live events they love. As the world’s largest ticket marketplace and the leading global provider of enterprise tools and services for the live entertainment business, we are uniquely positioned to successfully deliver on that vision.
We do it all with an intense passion for Live and an inspiring and diverse culture driven by accessible leaders, attentive managers, and enthusiastic teams. If you’re passionate about live entertainment like we are, and you want to work at a company dedicated to helping millions of fans experience it, we want to hear from you.
Our work is guided by our values:
Reliability – We understand that fans and clients rely on us to power their live event experiences, and we rely on each other to make it happen.
Teamwork – We believe individual achievement pales in comparison to the level of success that can be achieved by a team
Integrity – We are committed to the highest moral and ethical standards on behalf of the countless partners and stakeholders we represent
Belonging – We are committed to building a culture in which all people can be their authentic selves, have an equal voice and opportunities to thrive
We are passionate and committed to our people and go beyond the rhetoric of diversity and inclusion. You will be working in an inclusive environment and be encouraged to bring your whole self to work. We will do all that we can to help you successfully balance your work and homelife. As a growing business we will encourage you to develop your professional and personal aspirations, enjoy new experiences, and learn from the talented people you will be working with. It’s talent that matters to us and we encourage applications from people irrespective of their gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status or caring responsibilities.