Nothing beats the energy and excitement of a great live experience! That’s why our mission is to bring the very best in live entertainment to the largest possible number of people.
The Ambassador Theatre Group is a world leader in live entertainment; we operate venues, run major ticketing platforms and produce award-winning shows. We strive to be ambitious, passionate, smart and collaborative in everything we do. You’ll be joining the company at an exciting time as we make the most of every opportunity to bring back live entertainment in 2022.
The Grand Opera House is a charming Grade II listed building, and is now North Yorkshire’s biggest fully operational theatre and the home of live entertainment in the region, showcasing a broad range of musicals, plays, comedy, opera, ballet, and children’s shows.
We are seeking a highly driven and sales focused Deputy Ticketing & Sales Manager to join our team. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of achieving strong results and be a natural team player in order to work efficiently and effectively as part of a dedicated team. Reporting to the Ticketing & Sales Manager you will deliver first class service to customers, producers and key stakeholders. You will be expected to manage a busy counter during show incomings as well as perform vital administrative duties in order to support the Ticketing & Sales operation.
Key responsibilities for this role:
- The Deputy Ticketing & Sales Manager will assist the Ticketing & Sales Manager in ensuring that all members of the Venue’s Ticketing & Sales Team optimise sales and revenue management.
- The Deputy must show – and actively encourage – a proactive approach to sell theatre tickets, memberships, packages and ancillary products and to give the right information at any point of the customer buying a ticket.
- The Deputy will be responsible for ensuring that specific ticketing processes are adhered to so that budgetary targets are met and will need to deputise for the Ticketing & Sales Manager as and when needed
Key skills and behaviors required for this role is the ability to:
- Motivate and self-motivate – encouraging and supporting the Ticketing & Sales team in collaborative working and new thinking to achieve commercial success.
- Learn and teach – to ensure that the Ticketing & Sales team has the correct information to do their job, is resourceful and has the right attention to detail, ensuring that you can also demonstrate your commitment to learning.
- Communicate with anybody and everybody in a way that is appropriate to them and encourage others to do the same
The Ambassador Theatre Group is an extraordinary success story in the live entertainment industry. Founded in 1992 in the UK, we’ve grown into the world’s number one live-theatre company today. We cover every discipline in the theatre industry, from operating venues to ticketing platforms and producing shows. We are passionate about great shows and our ambition is to help them find the largest possible audiences.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and strive to provide a stage for everyone. Onstage and off, we hold ourselves accountable for nurturing an inclusive culture. Find out more about us and our values at atg.co.uk and careers.atg.co.uk