We are looking for an digital expert that can manage all digital platforms, identifying problematic areas and actively implement strategic solutions to ensure a smooth operation.
Who are you?
- You might be working as product manager?
- You might be working in a digital agency
- You’ll be confident and passionate
- You’ll definitely want to work in the most exciting business proposition in the South West
- And you’ll probably be keen on sport!
Who are we?
Ashton Gate Limited is a unique sports and entertainment business.
The 27,000-seater stadium is the beating heart of professional sport in Bristol. Home to Championship side Bristol City FC; Premiership Rugby team the Bristol Bears and Bristol Sport; it is also the largest conference and events centre in the South West hosting many of the biggest and most prestigious business conferences and gala dinners in the region.
Ashton Gate forms part of Stephen Lansdown’s sporting group of companies which includes Bristol Sport; Bristol City; Bristol Bears; Bristol Flyers Basketball and each of their respective community charities which are all based at Ashton Gate. Bristol Sport was founded in 2012 to inspire sport in Bristol and beyond.
What will you be doing?
- Being a presence across the business; integrating with business units and understanding the needs of the stakeholders on the ground
- Responsible for the vision, strategy and delivery of the portfolio of platform products
- Galvanise what we do and communicate this around the portfolio – you are the single source of truth for stakeholders and customers, articulating a consistent position across digital platforms
- Provide leadership and management of digital platform products which encompass identity, entitlements and paywalls, customer profile, subscription management, payments, billing and reporting.
- Stakeholder management of the vendors in our digital estate
- Audit digital platforms and assess their outcomes against business metrics
- Provide reporting against the KPIs set for the digital function on a monthly basis
- Contribute to the ‘say yes’ technology function mantra; providing service to our stakeholders in a proactive and positive fashion
- Being a member of the Technology Governance Committee
Our ideal candidate will:
- Either delivered or be able to demonstrate an understanding of digital platform products from ideation to delivery, and their management across the product lifecycle
- A passion for building scalable and cost-effective platform products that drive value for the business as well as a great user experience
- Developed commercially viable products and services
- Worked in an agile environment and love this way of working. Showing practicality when approaching projects and reacting to the dynamic needs of the business
- Excellent knowledge of technical management, information analysis and of computer hardware/software systems
- Hands-on experience with digital development – driving a platform forwards on behalf of the business
- An ability to manage personnel and suppliers; maximising the efficiency of our contracts
- A need to understand data thinking and use tools such as Google Analytics, Mixpanel, Tableau, Optimizely, etc.
- Able to deliver A/B testing via product management or technical skill set
*An ability to work with SQL directly would be ideal, but not mandatory
We will give you:
- The chance to be part of a unique company at a crucial part of our development
- The opportunity to be part of the fabric of these influential brands
- Training, mentoring and support
- A great benefits package including season tickets
If you would like to get involved and join the Ashton Gate team, please email a cover letter & CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline is 9thJanuary 2019 with interviews taking place week commencing the 14thJanuary 2019
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we receive; only those successfully shortlisted for the role will be personally contacted.
The successful candidate must ensure a positive commitment towards equality and diversity by treating others fairly and not committing any form of direct or indirect discrimination, victimisation or harassment of any description and to promote positive working relationships between all internal and external stakeholders.