From the USGA Handicap System to national amateur championships, to modernizing the delivery of the game’s Rules and supporting sustainable golf course management practices, the United States Golf Association promotes the health of a game that inspires, challenges, and rewards like nothing else can.
Are you looking to join a dynamic team that works together to promote and conserve the true spirit of the game of golf?
What you can expect:
The Director, Championship Ticketing and Experiences will lead the organization’s relationships with ticket buyers defining, differentiating, and delivering a unique value proposition and experiednce across a variety of customer needs and investment levels.
This role will be responsible for developing annual go-to-market plans for ticketing, including development of packaging, pricing, and revenue models. This position will also integrate these customer needs and opportunities across various functions within the USGA – in support of U.S. Open Championships strategies and annual operating plans – including the development and presentation of ongoing analytics and solutions that drive revenue and customer satisfaction.
The Director of Ticketing and Championship Experience will regularly analyze data and historical trends to produce monthly forecasts that will inform budget and target goals and surface new commercial opportunities for the organization.
Lead and develop go-to-market strategies, inclusive of packaging, pricing, and profit analysis, for all Championships
- Deliver informed decisions about the appropriate price points for various products based on based on market data, consumer habits, demand and profitability
- Identify products/experiences to sell that meet the needs of the market and our customers to maximize sell-through and utilization
- Create offers to leverage special audiences (e.g. USGA Members, AGA’s, etc) and key sales windows
- Audit and leverage secondary market pricing
- Monitor the results of pricing decisions by evaluating performance in relation to targets
- Inform dynamic pricing decisions
- Analyze merchandise, ticketing, and socio-economic data to help create compelling offers based on a fan’s propensity to spend
- Manage relationship(s) with third party research firms to conduct research and industry benchmarking that inform strategy
- Analyze Championship ticket sales data and historical trends to produce monthly forecasts; ensure target revenue alignment across the organization
- Work with commercial team leads and the Manager, Commercial Intelligence to create a single view of the U.S. Open fan and commercial sales dashboard
- Collaborate with Chief Commercial Officer on ad hoc projects such as modeling new revenue sources for hospitality, researching affiliate merchandise monetization opportunities
- Collaborate with other events and properties in and beyond golf to share best practices and understand learnings and opportunities to evolve
Optimizing Marketing Strategy
- Collaborate with the ticket marketing team to optimize marketing strategy based on campaign results, by platform (e.g. email, search, TV)
What you bring to the USGA:
- A minimum of a BA/BS degree or equivalent experience is required
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant experience, ideally in the sports ticketing capacity is required
- Strong analytical foundation and a passion for research and data visualization
- A strong working knowledge of data visualization tools, ticketing and fan engagement software, customer journey and mapping, traffic and engagement measurement and market research are required
- Analytical mind with the ability to analyze and interpret data to tell a story and create actionable insights
- Must be proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite, with advanced skills particularly required for PowerPoint and Excel
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Attention to detail
- Proven ability to multi-task
- High level of business curiosity
- Up to 20% travel required