AEG Worldwide is the world’s leading sports and live entertainment company with operations in the following business segments:
- AEG Presents, which is one of the largest live music companies in the world dedicated to live contemporary music performances, including producing and promoting global and regional concert tours, music events and world-renowned festivals
- AEG Sports, which is the world’s largest operator of sports franchises and high-profile sporting events
- AEG Global Partnerships, which supports each of AEG’s divisions through worldwide sales and servicing of sponsorships including naming rights, premium seating and other strategic partnerships
- AEG Real Estate, which develops major sports and entertainment districts worldwide
With offices on five continents, the company uses its global network of venues, portfolio of powerful sports and music brands, ticketing and content distribution platforms and its integrated entertainment districts to deliver the most creative and innovative live sports and entertainment experiences that inspire athletes, teams, artists and fans.
Reporting to the VP, Finance, the Director Finance is is the main operational lead for all matters of finance and accounting within their assigned area of responsibility. The incumbent will supervise and develop a staff of accounting and finance professionals and is responsible for all accounting operations and managerial reporting activities under the AEG Corporate Finance group consisting of (1) AEG Corporate & (2) other legal entities as deemed appropriate by upper management. This position requires considerable knowledge of basic accounting principles, accounting functions, and accounting controls.
Accounting Operations: Day to day management over personnel and processes dealing with cash and treasury, accounts receivable, accounts payable, fixed assets, the general ledger, and local tax compliance such as sales taxes. Guidance of personnel through knowledge, experience, and plan creation (budget and forecast). Highly involved in annual budgeting and monthly/quarterly forecasting for all assigned entities.
Managerial Reporting: compile reports and schedules on a routine or ad-hoc basis. Proactively seek to add value in the reports sent to and utilized by business unit managers. Empower these managers by delivering sound, useful, and timely financial information inclusive of actual, budget, and forecast information.
- Responsible for the daily accounting duties within department for multiple companies. Routinely prepare legal entity financial statements and management reports on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis in comparison to budget and forecast numbers in a timely basis so information is meaningful to the budget owners. Review cash and investment treasury reports so information is accurate and meaningful to management.
- Supervise staff including accounts payable clerks, staff accountants, and an accounting supervisor. Prepare, review and/or ensure completion of recurring activities including month-end/year-end closings, reconciliations, financial reporting, sales/use tax reporting, etc
- Ensure segregation of duties is properly maintained for all accounting procedures and processes within your department. Assist the company as a whole when deemed necessary.
- Liaison with department heads, corporate executives, and external contacts as necessary to fulfill Finance and Accounting operational needs.
- Oversee month-end and quarterly closes necessary for the compilation of Financial Statements in accordance with internal reporting deadlines.
- Maintain adequate safeguards and internal controls over assets and company property at all times. Develop proper Balance Sheet reconciliations on a regular and routine basis.
- Seek continual improvement in departmental processes to improve performance of supervised team and to reduce overall costs of the department as applicable.
- Ad-hoc assignments deemed necessary by executive management such as internal reviews, internal audits, and general consulting assignments within the AEG group of companies may be required.
- Maintenance of departmental policies and procedures to create sound internal controls.
- Assess contingent liabilities on a regular basis and seek the minimization of potential financial exposure to the companies under your sphere of influence.
- Primary liaison for year-end external audit.
- Work directly and closely with both the Corporate VP Finance and Chief Financial Officer, and assisting on ad-hoc projects as deemed necessary to fulfill our finance and accounting responsibilities.
Qualifications (Job Knowledge, Skills, and Education):
- BA/BS Degree (4-year)
- In Accounting or Finance (CPA preferred)
- Strong working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Proficient in verbal and written use of the English language
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office Products (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Detailed oriented with a focus on accuracy at all times, even when working under pressure to make deadlines
- Strong work ethic and high level Detail oriented
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and adaptable to various business situations
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English
- Proficient knowledge of accounting software systems (JD Edwards, Hubble, Perceptive, Longview, Kyriba a plus).
- Hands-on experience working with multiple companies/legal entities and ability to handle multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Ability to communicate to finance and operational upper management.
- Accuracy at all-times even when working under pressure in meeting deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and complete duties and projects with little direct supervision.
- Must have excellent organizational skills.
- Must have hands-on computer skills and ability to operate a 10-key machine by touch
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.