Director of Ticketing & Sales Operations
American Conservatory Theater is an essential gathering place that brings artists and communities together to inspire and provoke. Under the leadership of Artistic Director Pam MacKinnon and Executive Director Jennifer Bielstein, A.C.T.’s mission is to engage the spirit of the San Francisco Bay Area, activate stories that resonate, promote a diversity of voices and points of view, and empower theater makers and audiences to celebrate liveness. A.C.T. values inclusion, transformational learning, participation, and rigorous fun. A.C.T. is a Tony Award–winning nonprofit theater serving almost 200,000 people in the San Francisco Bay Area annually through theater, training, and education and community programs.
Position Purpose: As a key member of the marketing team, the Director of Ticketing & Sales Operations works closely with the Marketing and Audience Services teams to develop and implement strategies that increase revenue from single and subscription sales, grow audiences and drive patron loyalty. The Director of Ticket Services oversees the Toni Rembe and Strand box offices as well as single ticket, group sales, and subscription ticketing operations and policy, including hiring, training, payroll, and scheduling of Box Office and Subscription Office employees, and customer dispute resolution. This is a full-time, exempt position. Must be willing to work some weekends and evenings.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Develop and execute data-driven strategies that maximize single and season ticket sales through effective pricing, scale of house, inventory management and demand management practices.
- Forecast revenue from single and season ticket sales for all A.C.T. productions and
- Generate and Analyze daily single and season ticket sales reports, participating in weekly revenue pacing meetings with senior leadership to monitor and maintain progress against goals.
- Provide the Director of Marketing logistical and operational support in carrying out new marketing, sales and customer service initiatives.
- Provide operational support for the Education Department’s Student Matinee and workshops programming, supervising the SMAT Coordinator, and assisting with sales reporting and ticketing.
- Coordinate with the I.T. department on administrating Tessitura (A.C.T.’s ticketing and CRM system), with a particular focus on pricing, promotional offerings, subscription, group and single ticketing, and training of Ticket Services personnel.
- Supervise the Group Sales Manager to create excellent group experiences that grow new and recurring revenue and support promotional and community partnership opportunities.
- Work with the Director of Marketing and Communications to develop strategies that expand the diversity of A.C.T’s audiences.
- Collaborate with the Director of Marketing and Communications to conduct and analyze market and audience research to forecast trends, capture demographic / behavioral data, monitor perception of the A.C.T. brand and its productions/programs and evaluate progress against goals.
- Collaborate with key internal A.C.T departments such as Development and Conservatory on inventory management, pricing, handling of major donors/VIP’s and other related matters.
- Box Office Manager
- Group Sales
- Subscriptions Manager
- Demonstrated commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment.
- Alignment with A.C.T.’s Mission, Values and commitment to Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion.
- Proven history of generating revenue and sales
- Have a proven history of successful Tessitura back end and data analytics.
- Experience building teams and collaborating successfully
- Must be a self-starter who can take initiative as a leader.
- Maintain excellence in quality and efficiency of work.
- Must be organized and detail-oriented.
- Track record of excellent customer service.
- Able to handle several tasks simultaneously under tight deadlines.
- Strong computer skills, including MS Office suite.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated skill in understanding of cultural differences.
- Ability to cultivate and develop inclusive and equitable working relationships with A.C.T. colleagues and stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree or 5+ years related experience preferred.
- Expertise with Tessitura or similar CRM required.
- Experience in a performing arts or entertainment venue preferred
- Experience with marketing, including loyalty programs and/or subscription packages preferred
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage, and Flexible Spending Account
- Long Term Disability, Life/AD&D, and Supplemental Life Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan 403(b), Commuter and Parking Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Financial Counseling and additional discounts and training opportunities
- Holidays (12 per year), paid time off (PTO), and access to discounts for theatrical training and free tickets to our performances.
To Apply: Go to A.C.T. Career Page @ A.C.T. Job Postings
Deadline: Open until filled. Position is available immediately.
Diversity makes us stronger. If you’d like to learn more about A.C.T. EDI values, Mission, Vision and culture go to Mission, Values, and EDI | American Conservatory Theater (act-sf.org) A.C.T. is committed to diversity in its programming and creating an inclusive work culture and environment.