About the role
We’re looking for an energetic and driven Event Coordinator who is ready to challenge themselves in the world of major events, working alongside some of Australia’s most experienced venue managers. The Event Coordinator provides support to venue teams in event administration, planning, delivery, and organisational projects. Event Coordinators will perform Team Leader roles during events, with a particular focus on coaching the Event Delivery Workforce and delivering customer excellence – every person, every event, every time.
This role will see you work closely with our clients, business partners (including catering, security, ticketing, cleaning, audio visual, rigging & first aid), our stakeholders (police, emergency services) and our Event Delivery Workforce team to help drive operational, customer and people improvements at events.
The role has a clear and exciting development pathway into Venue & Event Management and other support areas of our business including Ticketing; Workforce Management; Safety & Risk; Communications and Marketing to name a few. At M&OP we support you to build a career. One where each day is different, challenging, and purposeful.
If you had worked with us over the last little while, here’s some of the things you would have been doing:
- Welcomed Victorians back to entertainment events within one of Australia’s most iconic venues
- Planned and delivered VIP functions for some of the world’s top artists
- Worked as part of the team to deliver a one-off filming of the Robbie Williams Biopic Movie
- Planned and delivered internal meetings & events
- Worked with comms team on responding to guest feedback and enquiries
- Sat on cross functional project groups, working on Venue & Event Guides, People Experience, Safety & Sustainability
What you will bring to the role
- Operational expertise in an event or venue environment with a strong focus on delivering exceptional customer experiences
- A high level of organisational and planning ability supported by your attention to detail and proficiency in planning systems and tools (ie. EBMS, Risk Sense, MS Office Suite)
- Demonstrated experience as a supervisor or Team Leader with a knack for getting the best performance your of your team
- Talent in managing multiple, often competing, demands effectively and remaining calm in high pressure situations
- Tertiary qualifications in applicable areas and demonstration of ongoing development in venue or event management
If there are areas that you are unable to ‘tick’ from the above, we would still like to hear from you. As part of your cover letter outline how you might address some of the gaps.
A bit about us
Melbourne & Olympic Park (M&OP) is an iconic, multi-venue precinct with few parallels globally. We showcase Melbourne to the world during the Australian Open and we deliver hundreds of entertainment, sporting and community events each year across our world class venues.
At M&OP we are passionate about delivering world class customer experiences every person, every event, every time. How do we do this? By seeking out the best talent to build a high performance, integrated team who are passionate about creating exceptional experiences for our guests.
If you’d like to know a little bit more before applying reach out to Brie Mcgaw, Human Resources Advisor via email at [email protected].
APPLICATIONS CLOSE 15th August 2022
Melbourne & Olympic Parks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. For further information on Melbourne & Olympic Parks visit our careers page at www.mopt.com.au/careers/employment-opportunities/
Please note successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment screening. This includes but not limited to a national police check and working with children check. M&OP may withdraw an employment offer in the event of an unsatisfactory screening result.
Please note M&OP operates a direct sourcing model so we ask that agencies do not get in touch regarding this vacancy.
M&OP values the privacy of every individual’s personal information and is committed to the protection of personal information. Your personal information is handled in accordance with the Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014 (Vic.). Please refer to the M&OP Careers Page at http://www.mopt.com.au/careers/employment-opportunities/ for more information.