Location: Manchester, UK – hybrid
Division: Ticketmaster UK
Line Manager: Event Programming Team Leader
Contract Terms: 12 month fixed term contract, 40 hours per week
Event Programming are responsible for setting up events for all Ticketmaster’s host-based clients across the UK. We work closely with the Client Account Managers and venues to ensure that we have all the information we need in order to create the events ready for sale to the fans.
As part of the Event Programming team the position of Event Programmer is responsible for the setting up of new events and special offers to be sold across all Ticketmaster sales channels. This takes the form of manipulating and entering data into the Ticketmaster system using a bespoke command and response programming language and various other software applications.
Event Programmers need fast and accurate data entry speed, are good at picking up new software, and have an excellent eye for detail. A high level of self-motivation is required as is the ability to work as part of a close team while liaising with other departments.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Utilise bespoke ticketing software to program a variety of ticketing work requests.
- Prepare, create, check and maintain simple to medium complexity events and offers ensuring all work is programmed accurately.
- Working on set ups for small/medium system venues.
- Liaise effectively with internal departments and external clients to make sure all events are set up correctly to meet the client’s needs in a timely manner.
- Work within a team of people to ensure the Event Programming department works efficiently and maintains a high level of quality and consistency.
- Analyse and organise individual workload employing strong attention to detail.
- Follow rigorous checking procedures and set guidelines for events and offers.
- Become fully conversant with Event Programming processes and bespoke Ticketmaster software packages.
- Additional Event Programming or Client Services duties as required.
- Working flexible hours as required.
- Work in a time pressured environment whilst maintaining a high level of service.
- Provide tiered support to other departments at point of on sale.
- Anticipate problems within event building and plan contingencies and strategies to deal with them.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW (or TECHNICAL SKILLS)
- Computer literate with a strong working knowledge of MS Office, including Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Proven experience of learning complex software packages.
- Experience working in a data driven environment, where attention to detail was imperative.
- Experience in a fast-paced environment, working in a target driven role.
- Ticketmaster systems experience preferable.
YOU (BEHAVIOURAL SKILLS)
- Excellent time management skills
- Results oriented
- Ability to adapt and re-prioritise in a highly pressured working environment
- Organised, with a high level of attention to detail
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), inter-personal skills
- High level of initiative, self-motivated and conscientious
- Competency with numerical data
- Exceptional problem solving ability
- Excellent team building skills to include immediate team members, internal departments and Clients alike
LIFE AT TICKETMASTER
We are proud to be a part of Live Nation Entertainment, the world’s largest live entertainment company.
Our vision at Ticketmaster is to connect people around the world to the live events they love. As the world’s largest ticket marketplace and the leading global provider of enterprise tools and services for the live entertainment business, we are uniquely positioned to successfully deliver on that vision.
We do it all with an intense passion for Live and an inspiring and diverse culture driven by accessible leaders, attentive managers, and enthusiastic teams. If you’re passionate about live entertainment like we are, and you want to work at a company dedicated to helping millions of fans experience it, we want to hear from you.
Our work is guided by our values:
Reliability – We understand that fans and clients rely on us to power their live event experiences, and we rely on each other to make it happen.
Teamwork – We believe individual achievement pales in comparison to the level of success that can be achieved by a team
Integrity – We are committed to the highest moral and ethical standards on behalf of the countless partners and stakeholders we represent
Belonging – We are committed to building a culture in which all people can be their authentic selves, have an equal voice and opportunities to thrive
We are passionate and committed to our people and go beyond the rhetoric of diversity and inclusion. You will be working in an inclusive environment and be encouraged to bring your whole self to work. We will do all that we can to help you successfully balance your work and homelife. As a growing business we will encourage you to develop your professional and personal aspirations, enjoy new experiences, and learn from the talented people you will be working with. It’s talent that matters to us and we encourage applications from people irrespective of their gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status or caring responsibilities.
Please note that applications without a cover letter will not be considered.