– The Executive Director will collaborate with the CAPA-CT Board and the President and CEO of CAPA to set strategic objectives that promote the mission, financial sustainability, and civic engagement of the organization.
– Communicate effectively with the Board and the President and CEO of CAPA and provide, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
– Participate in cultivating and developing the skills and engagement of Board members.
– Deliver updates on the Shubert’s achievement of financial, programmatic, and positive mission-driven work environment.
– Provide inspirational leadership and direction to all senior management.
– Support the continued development and management of a professional and efficient organization and establish effective decision-making and operational processes that will enable the Shubert to achieve its objectives.
– Ensure the budget, staff, and priorities are aligned with the mission and the strategic direction of the Shubert.
– Evaluate new business opportunities, lead the decision-making process, and effectively articulate the benefits and outcomes to the Shubert’s Board and staff.
– Effectively lead the organization’s commitment as a broadly diverse, inclusive, equitable and accessible enterprise and programmer.
– Engage externally and internally to model best practices and encourage participation in decision-making and participation; create and promote an inclusive, positive, multicultural work environment.
– Facilitate and model cross-departmental collaboration and strengthen internal communications with staff throughout the organization.
– Oversee the development of strategic and long- and short-range financial plans to ensure the financial success and long-term financial sustainability of the Shubert and its shared services partners (where applicable).
– Oversee the development of an annual budget that is consistent with long-term financial sustainability and with the financial goals of the Shubert.
– Ensure that the budget and financial goals are adequately benchmarked against actual results.
Community Relations and Fundraising
– Serve as the Shubert’s primary spokesperson to the organization’s constituents, its partners, the media, and the public.
– Enhance the Shubert’s image by being active and visible across New Haven’s many communities, working closely with and developing relationships with corporate, civic and arts leaders locally and nationally.
– Partner with the City of New Haven and other arts and cultural organizations to drive activity that creates public value through thoughtful civic engagement, creative programming, and effective partnerships.
– Drive expanded and effective fundraising programs and initiatives for corporate, government, and individual donors.
– Cultivate and advance the Shubert’s educational programming, to serve students and lifelong learners
– Oversee the delivery of high-quality and innovative programming, including but not limited to traditional Broadway content, that meets the artistic needs and aspirations of the communities the Shubert serves within the parameters of the annual budget.
– Ensure the development of comprehensive marketing, branding and PR strategies that will promote the activities and programs of the Shubert and maximize long-term revenue potential consistent with the organizational mission.
– Develop and implement a communication program that touches the breadth of New Haven and invites participation from the broadest range of participants.
– Ensure the maintenance and upkeep of all Shubert properties.
– Ensure that the Shubert meets the requirements of its shared services agreements and provides a level of service that is consistent with its own and CAPA’s standard of service.
– Explore and develop additional opportunities to strengthen CAPA-CT, CAPA, and other potential partners locally to maximize customer service, revenue opportunities and cost efficiency.
CAPA-CT is seeking an experienced leader who will have the following credentials, skills, and abilities.