About the role
The General Manager – Marketing & Communications will lead all aspects of marketing, including Go-To-Market initiatives, event launches, promotional strategy development and execution, media planning and roll-out. Your will lead with strategic insight to drive the growth of the corporate brand, support Kai Tak Sports Park’s mission, and promote Kai Tak Sports Park internationally, regionally and locally. You will lead communications, brand positioning, brand management, public relations, and marketing. You will serve as a go-to-person leveraging the inhouse marketing capabilities, maintain and enforce brand consistency and guidelines, and manage external resources to execute various marketing activities.
- Play an integral role in developing and implementing the marketing strategy in collaboration with local leaders and in alignment with company’s strategic and marketing goals; mining relevant story angles and crafting compelling narratives that resonate with key stakeholders – namely media, clients, corporate customers and guests
- Lead the development and production of marketing plans as well as the production of marketing materials and content
- Initiate offline and online campaigns
- Develop and implement KPIs to show ROI of marketing initiatives
- Oversee executive visibility for key members of the leadership team, across media interviews, media conferences and industry conferences. Oversee the development of messaging documents and all briefing materials
- Develop relationships within the community to strengthen and expand the customer base for sales opportunities and additional revenue
- Develop relationships and maintain active contact with local/regional/national and international press for generating publicity of the project
- Develop, build and maintain strong relationships with media, business partners, celebrities and influencers to enhance branding and corporate image
- Lead all corporate crisis and issues management and serve as a guardian of Kai Tak Sports Park’s brand reputation. Act as a first responder for all crisis and issues. Provide counselling to senior leadership members when special situations occur
- Act as spokesperson for the company on designated corporate issues/positions, and in response to media inquiries.
- Responsible for the development and management of annual budget as they related to marketing and communications
The successful candidate will manage all external communications for Kai Tak Sports Park and fully optimize all possible communications platforms. Communications delivery channels to be managed include, but are not limited to, websites, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, podcasts, direct media outreach, e-blast networks, and e-newsletters.
- Degree holder, preferred in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, or related disciplines
- Minimum 15 years of experience in communications / marketing communications
- Prior experience with the development and execution of communications and marketing plans as well as budgets
- Strong business acumen in strategic planning, analytical, and tech-savvy
- Extensive network of different types of media
- Strong influencing skills and ability to create buy-in among team members and senior leadership
- Self-starting and independent with an ability to prioritize and manage multiple high priority responsibilities simultaneously
- Positive attitude and ability to find creative solutions, especially in the midst of adversity
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation-based communication skills of both Chinese and English
- Collaborative style with strong listening skills and valuing the ideas of others
About the venue
Kai Tak Sports Park Ltd. (KTSPL) has been awarded the contract for the design, build, construction and operation of the Kai Tak Sports Park.
With an area of around 28 hectares, Kai Tak Sports Park anchors the redevelopment of the former airport site, and offers a world class destination for all interests.
Once completed, Kai Tak Sports Park will be the most important sports infrastructure development in Hong Kong, and will help achieve three broad objectives – to promote sports in the community, to support elite sports and to make Hong Kong a hub for major international sports events.
Kai Tak Sports Park will provide venues for international competitions and large-scale sports events, quality public sports facilities, a leisure park, retail and dining outlets, and a wellness centre for the enjoyment of athletes and the general public. In addition to hosting a wide range of top-level sports events, Kai Tak Sports Park helps address the demand for venues to hold entertainment and other large scale community events.
About the company
ASM Global is the world’s leading venue management and services company, with a portfolio of more than 300 of the world’s most prestigious arenas, stadiums, convention and exhibition centres and performing arts venues. ASM Global Asia Pacific operates a network of venues in locations including Brisbane, Sydney, Perth, Darwin, Cairns, Newcastle, Christchurch, Kuala Lumpur, China, Hong Kong, and the UAE.
Working in the venue and event industry means supporting the delivery of events across our event calendar. This means that weekend, evening and public holiday work will be required.
We have lodged this role on our own site as we are managing this project directly. No recruitment agencies please.
To learn more about the role, view the position description here: GM Marketing & Communications_GMMC202109