About the Position
We are seeking an energetic, resilient, highly motivated, focused and fun individual to join our executive team and drive growth through new customer acquisition and account expansion at Eventgroove. We’re a lean, mean, 20-year-old-startup machine competing in the ever-changing ecommerce and event technology landscape, all from the hippest micropolitan city in the land: Bozeman, Montana.
Are you always up for a good adventure? Would your friends describe you as the renaissance person? We’re seeking the exceptional. Exceptional execution. Exceptional leadership. Maybe you’re the one… We can promise you this, no two days will be the same, every decision you make will make a difference in our growing company. Every day, you will be contributing to our positive, growth-oriented, and fun culture.
You will be responsible for leading and executing Eventgroove growth through new customer acquisition, account expansion, and strategic partnerships. You will design and execute world class demand generation and sales processes to develop leads, convert new customers, and expand existing enterprise customer accounts.
If you’re looking to take your career to the next level – owning the top line, being part of our leadership team — the opportunity is right at your fingertips. Prove yourself as a performer, exceed expectations and there’s a spot with your name on it in our company leadership team.
Who We Are
Fundraisers and events are some of the most important events and activities in our lives. Simply put, we are here to help our customers make their events and fundraisers successful with our products and services which run on our robust SaaS and ecommerce platforms.
Our customers and partners span nonprofits (doing a ton of good on this planet), event organizers (creating the events we remember forever), schools from K through University (a core foundation of everyone’s life), sports teams and leagues (developing that all important competitive drive) and consumers (celebrating their rites of passage, from proms to graduations, to birthdays and bat and bar mitzvahs).
We do this in a friendly, fun, and green way. Habitat conservation is our focus. For the past several years, we have donated at least 50% of our net income to conservation and habitat protection. Last year, we donated over $100,000 to conservation. All of our shipments are carbon-neutral. When we grow, our conservation efforts grow and have impact.
Products & Services
Eventgroove and TicketPrinting.com were founded in 1997 as an ecommerce platform offering event, fundraising and printing solutions including custom event products (tickets, wristbands, flyers, and more) and online event management, marketing, and ticketing.
Today, the Company has established dominant online market positions in the United States, United Kingdom, Canada and Australia and produces over 110 million custom tickets and collateral annually for over 120,000 customers world-wide. TicketPrinting.com & Eventgroove have a long and consistent track record of growth, a large, diversified and expanding customer base, and seven operating business units and seven websites.
Collaboration is key to success in this role. You’ll be working cross-functionally with customer support, product, marketing, and technology teams. You’ll be a part of our Leadership Team. We run our organization like an agile team. The top priority items are easily identifiable and everyone on the team rallies around those deliverables, and each other, on a regular basis. Part of our team works from rural Montana where we provide good-paying, intellectually challenging careers in economically distressed areas.
Key Responsibilities and Essential Functions
Marketing and Lead Generation
- Define, develop and execute comprehensive, cross-functional go-to-market (GTM) initiatives to drive growth and market penetration.
- Create detailed personas for your ideal sales prospects to identify targets and develop automated outbound marketing campaigns to source qualified leads for the sales team. You will also proactively identify and reach out to new outbound leads, creating your own sales pipeline.
- Work with content, PPC and marketing team leaders to develop messaging and supporting content that compels prospects early in their buyer journey including customer stories, whitepapers, testimonials, ad content, social media campaigns and call to actions.
- Develop and optimize retargeting display ads and automated lead nurture emails unique to each customer segment by incorporating user insights (i.e. what are the biggest motivators/barriers to each group), and behavioral triggers. Validate hypotheses through A/B testing and analytics.
- Create highly targeted, high-conversion landing pages to generate new MQLs and SQLs. Ongoing landing page conversion optimizations based on A/B testing and analytics.
- Outbound/GTM: identify new market opportunities and account prospects within those markets.
- Create detailed personas for your ideal sales prospects to identify targets and develop automated outbound marketing campaigns to source qualified leads for the sales team.
- Initiate regular review with demandgen/sales reps and to analyze MQLs and SQLs to make sure activities are driving impactful leads.
- Build, coach and develop a world class growth and demand gen team capable of exceeding growth targets and creating strategic partnerships with customers.
- Establish and lead rigorous sales discipline across all aspects of demand gen engagement, pipeline development/management and forecasting.
- Onboard new team members through a comprehensive training and certification course.
- Execute ongoing team member quality assurance assessments to ensure all customer communications are friendly and professional.
- Leverage CRM, marketing, and analytics to develop and execute scalable demand gen processes.
- Provide regular customer database health checks, cleansing, and augmentation.
- Develop appropriate KPIs/PGMs’ throughout the conversion funnel and set daily, weekly, and monthly performance quotas.
- Measure, analyze, and report campaign performance and deliver weekly campaign performance briefs to the the leadership team.
- Develop and maintain performance goals and metrics (PGMs’) dashboard.
Strategic Account Management
- Ability to communicate effectively and empathetically with customers by utilizing active listening, and clearly and articulately speaking to customers. Effectively and persuasively communicate value propositions and the win-win of our solutions.
- Gather, actively listen, and completely understand customer needs and requirements while always updating sales & CRM tools with relevant information.
- Listen for pain points and cues to provide recommendations to customers and drive requirements for product enhancements to better serve our top customers.
- Develop deep product and offering knowledge of TicketPrinting.com and Eventgroove platforms, features, benefits; and most importantly, how we can help our customers host more successful events.
- Develop coordinated nurture and retention initiatives for existing accounts across multiple channels (email, retargeting display ads, direct mail, etc.), with the goal of uncovering the optimal course of action(s) in sync with the customer lifecycle.
- Execute account-based strategies and tactics to identify key players within prioritized accounts and to generate account expansion across inbound, outbound, and existing customer accounts
Qualifications for the Position
- Proven personal track record of achieving category-winning go-to-market penetration and revenue growth goals.
- 7-10 years of experience in marketing and demand generation (B2B or B2C), marketing and leadgen automation, strategic business development, and demand gen/sales leadership and execution.
- Power user of marketing automation platforms, CRM, analytics, and SaaS tools. Previous experience with Hubspot is preferred but not required.
- Account Based Marketing (ABM) and sales experience.
- Demonstrable and successful experience working collaboratively across all functions, including product, customer support, operations, and technology teams.
- Analytical acumen with the ability to develop clear KPIs, reports, and effectively communicate insights gleaned from data.
- Driven self-starter with strong initiative, high confidence, relentless energy, team DNA, and unwavering optimism.
- Comfortable owning strategy and execution at the same time, while also happy and willing to get your hands dirty.
- Bachelor’s degree.