ABOUT CO-OP LIVE:
The new music-focused venue, Co-Op Live, in Manchester aims to be the best arena in Europe. Designed for music, this state of the art, 23,500 capacity venue, will bring the biggest and best acts to Manchester. This arena will be the most expensive arena to be built in Europe. It will set new standards for hospitality and the premium venue experience. This venue is designed to put fans, artists, and premiums guests first, offering an unrivaled experience. This venue provides a range of premium lounges, clubs, suites, and unique food and drink facilities.
Oak View Group is leading this venue’s development, starting construction in December 2020 with a scheduled opening date in 2023. Oak View Group is leading the industry with the development of next-generation venues, including; four arenas in the US and ten other ongoing projects.
ABOUT ELEVATE SPORTS VENTURES:
Elevate Sports Ventures is a best-in-class sports and entertainment consulting firm, providing proven, innovative solutions to organizations across the global sports and entertainment landscape. Formed in partnership between the San Francisco 49ers and Harris Blitzer Sports & Entertainment (HBSE) in 2018, Elevate SV welcomed Oak View Group (OVG) and Ticketmaster and Live Nation as partners in June 2018 and is spearheading the most prestigious new stadium and redevelopment projects worldwide ranging from NHL Seattle to the New York Islanders’ new Belmont Park Arena. Other current projects include; Inter Miami, MLS St. Louis, and the Oakland A’s.
HEAD OF HOSPITALITY SALES & SERVICE – OVERVIEW:
The Head of Hospitality Sales & Service will be responsible for leading and managing the premium sales and service department responsible for all premium revenues at Co-Op Live.
- Work to identify new key corporate and community relationships or partnerships that will assist in developing new sales opportunities
- Represent the organization at various events and programming to showcase sales opportunities
- Actively research and analyze new technology, trends, developments within industry and provide ideas and insights to improve our sales strategy and product portfolio
- Responsible for outbound outreach lists provided; generate own leads through referrals, networking, social selling and effective research
- Attend outside events with the purpose of selling, networking, gathering leads and prospects
- Meet or exceed revenue targets related to Premium seating
- Represent Elevate, OVG, and other partners of the venue professionally
- Identify, recruit, hire and train sales consultants
- Manage, supervise, motivate, and provide leadership to a staff of approximately 3 sales and 2 service executives
- Provide guidance on the sales process with every team member, including assistance with prospecting, qualifying potential clients, presenting opportunities and attending meetings
- Evaluate the daily activities of the sales team and provide regular feedback, training and coaching during weekly reviews and department meetings
- Contribute positively to a competitive sales team culture and participate in sales team meetings and training sessions
- Regularly measure and report to Elevate, OVG and the GM on the budget and effectiveness of sales campaigns, offerings, and staff performance, and provide strategic recommendations
- Regularly produce accurate updates to Elevate, OVG and the GM on prospecting activity, sales performance, outside appointment and event recaps
The qualifications listed below represent the credentials necessary to perform the essential functions of this position. To be successful in this position, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience required
- 8+ years of experience in hospitality sales or professional sports ticket sales
- 2+ years in a management role leading a hospitality sales team or ticket sales team
- History with writing and/or implementing successful ticket sales strategies and plans
- Proven ability to develop and train existing staff and identify future sales candidates
- Track record of achieving and surpassing sales goals
- Must have the ability to maintain professional behavior and appearance;
- Must have the ability to demonstrate uncompromised judgment and discretion to protect the confidentiality/privacy of others, and company documents and records;
- Must have a strong sense of self-awareness and emotional intelligence, strong interpersonal conflict resolution, and problem-solving skills;
- Must have truly outstanding customer service and interpersonal communication skills;
- Must have good decision-making skills, solid judgment and interpersonal effectiveness;
- Must have an interest and ability in serving others as one of the primary functions of their job;
- Must be self-directed and able to work independently;
- Must be flexible & reliable team player, both within own department and within company as a whole;
- Must possess strong communication skills; must be comfortable with engaging in a variety of different communicative modes (verbal, non-verbal, and written) and being attuned to others through strong, active listening skills;
- Must have excellent written communication skills;
- Must possess a strong ability to manage one’s own time and prioritize tasks when given clearly defined goals and objectives;
- Must be able to identify problems, their sources, and their potential solutions while continuing to successfully conduct day-to-day operations without interruption;
- Must have a strong command of reasoned, measured decision-making based upon analyzing the pros and cons of each potential decision to be made.
- Must be commercially focused on achieving and surpassing revenue goals within a highly sales focused organization
- None required
- May be required to travel to London or the States (OVG and Elevate regional offices)
- This position requires the ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
- The incumbent primarily works in an office environment, however, is expected to attend all Events
Send your resume to [email protected] to apply for this position.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.