If you are a seasoned City/Government Relations professional interested in a once-in-a-lifetime job in the sports industry, this is your chance. We are looking for someone to lead and strengthen the team in charge of organizing the biggest women’s sporting event in the world: the FIFA Women’s World Cup Australia & New Zealand 2023™.
To ensure the successful operational delivery of the ninth edition of this competition, we have set up a local events team. Its aim is to improve the experience of over 1.1 billion people watching the FIFA Women’s World Cup™, by delivering innovative solutions across all operational areas.
We are currently looking to recruit our
Host City Coordinator – AUS
Under the guidance of the Host City Manager you will develop strong operational stakeholder relationships with host city working groups, event planning teams and associated groups to support the delivery of the tournament objectives outlined by FIFA and the FIFA Entity.
You will be an integral part of the Host City Relations Team and will be responsible for ensuring host city activities are aligned and delivered as per the contracted agreements. You will be responsible for the effective flow of information in order to protect the FIFA Women’s World Cup 2023 brand and build excitement amongst the community. You will deliver against the Tournament’s ambitious ticketing target and ensure host cities deliver their event obligations in the most sustainable and accessible way.
Your role as Host City Coordinator includes the following responsibilities:
- Coordinate the delivery of a comprehensive plan to support Host City delivery of all hosting obligations, commitments and tournament related activities.
- Coordinate key city activities such as city theming and activation, fan engagement activities, city transport plans, city volunteer plans, community engagement and legacy initiatives. As such you will work closely alongside any working groups established in the host cities.
- Work collaboratively with FIFA Women’s World Cup 2023™ teams to ensure a seamless joined-up approach between external stakeholders and FIFA Women’s World Cup 2023™ operational teams, in the delivery of respective hosting obligations.
- Build strong relationships with assigned Host Cities, Football Australia and other government and community agencies, and as appropriate, ensure proactive sharing of information between these groups the FIFA Entity and FIFA Zurich.
- Integrate event management plans in accordance with project plan milestones, Host City Agreements and any budget parameters set by the COO, CEO or FIFA.
- Support the successful implementation of the strategy for the operation and activation of Host City and Community activities.
- Measure the value and effectiveness of stakeholder engagement and report against these, as and when required.
- You shall be a key member in the Host City Relations Team
- Identifying and managing risks and proactively taking part in the overall risk management strategy
- Providing detailed and timely reporting to the Host City Relations Manager – Australia
- Striving for world class standards across all areas for operational excellence
- Collaborating across functional areas ensuring the needs of all are considered
- Lead by example and foster a spirit of teamwork and inclusion
Qualifications & experience
You will have strong knowledge of and experience with State and Federal Government processes and procedures along with a good understanding of local culture. You will have experience working with cities, communities, and government agencies on projects like mega sports or events with similar scale, scope and complexity.
This position requires a person who is politically astute with excellent communication, negotiation and relationship management skills. You must have the ability to find clarity and direction in a multi-stakeholder environment in order to deliver a high-quality programme. You will be able to build, maintain and leverage relationships with credibility at all levels.
What we offer
Working at the FIFA Women’s World Cup Australia & New Zealand 2023 is more than a job; it is a calling to create a better world through the power of football.
As part of the FIFA family, you will be working with highly motivated colleagues within a dynamic and diverse team. Employment is offered until September 2023.
How to apply
If you think you would be a good fit and are keen to work for an exciting and truly international organisation, we would love to hear from you. To apply, you should submit your application in English (motivation letter, CV, diplomas and reference letters) through our online application portal. Please only submit your applications through the portal, we cannot review applications submitted by email or post. Applicants will be required to provide proof of right to work within the host countries.