Madison Square Garden Sports Corp. (MSG Sports) is a leading professional sports company, with a collection of assets that includes: the New York Knicks (NBA) and the New York Rangers (NHL); two development league teams – the Westchester Knicks (NBAGL) and the Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL); and esports teams through Counter Logic Gaming, a leading North American esports organization, and Knicks Gaming, an NBA 2K League franchise. MSG Sports also operates two professional sports team performance centers – the MSG Training Center in Greenburgh, NY and the CLG Performance Center in Los Angeles, CA. More information is available at www.msgsports.com.
The Manager, Premium Sales is responsible for leading and managing the sales efforts for new business in selling of our club seating and premium inventory for the Knicks, Rangers and MSG Live events. This role will manage a group of Premium Account Executives and Managers and will be responsible for overseeing day-to-day sales activities as it relates to maximizing premium sales revenue. This person will be accountable for implementing department business plans designed to meet and exceed annual sales goals.
Specific Functions/Activities Summary
- Develop a proactive sales culture that promotes skill development while maximizing revenues for MSG Sports properties through direct training, supervision, motivation and direction of the sales team.
- Assist with the creation, planning, communication, and execution of all premium ticket sales campaigns, special projects, contests, events and programs.
- Establish and communicate clear sales revenue goals to the sales representatives. Provide team with appropriate feedback and direction for development.
- Support and guide the sales team during prospecting meetings through the close of sales.
- Work with Data & Analytics team to maintain and manage detailed engagement and pipeline records and metrics covering all sales activity within CRM system.
- Support consistent sales training platforms designed to accelerate skill development including pipeline and coaching sessions.
- Implement sales blueprint and training materials that include best practices and other applicable guidelines for accountability purposes.
- Assist in tracking, maintenance and documentation of all premium sales as compared to budget targets, and proper reporting with Finance.
- 5+ years’ experience in sales environment; experience within sports or entertainment a plus.
- Prior experience with handling client service issues and managing affairs with potential new corporate and personal clients from the general public.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to address and solve problems, often under duress
- Ability to operate specific ticketing and database management systems
- Demonstrated success in communicating, directing and executing company policies and standards under frequently challenging circumstances.
- Creative experience in developing marketing, promotions, special events, etc. with the goal of cultivating new business opportunities and new revenue streams.
Candidates who have completed 60 credits of college-level coursework (representing 2 years), or have shown similar self-development through certifications, trade school coursework, etc. are preferred.
Educational requirements may differ from job to job based on the role.
At MSG we value diversity and are looking for extraordinary employees of all backgrounds! MSG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, sexual and reproductive health choices, national origin, citizenship, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, MSG complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in all locations.