This is a unique role, offering the opportunity to work on the England Men’s and Women’s brands at an incredibly exciting time. With the Three Lions’ participation in Euro 2020 on the horizon, and the Women’s Euros taking place next summer in England; we are looking for a Marketing Manager who can help support the development of the marketing strategy for the England teams, drive campaign activations and lead on match promotion activity, driving attendances to England Men’s and Women’s Senior matches at Wembley / OTR (on the road). The ideal candidate is a highly capable marketing manager, a confident self-starter, who can see campaigns through from initiation to delivery.
Major Tournament Activation:
- Supporting Brand Lead and fellow Marketing Manager with development and implementation of integrated marketing campaigns around major tournaments – notably Euro 2020 (men), Euro 2022 (women) and FIFA World Cup 2022 (men)
- Key involvement with tournament-related activations such as kit launches, squad announcements, daily matchday content platforms, partner-related activity and more
- Leading the development and deployment of the England brand identity across multiple touchpoints including social assets, in-camp environment, educational resources, the England media centre and other key digital and physical needs
- Working closely with stakeholders in the women’s domestic game to ensure the long-term impact and legacy of the 2022 Women’s Euros in England
- Responsible for hitting budget requirements and attendances for a defined number of Men’s and Women’s Senior matches per season (both at Wembley and OTR). Work closely with other England Marketing Manager, who will also look after the match promo of the remaining England matches.
- Leading the development of match promotion plans including media planning to drive ticket sales. Managing media agencies appropriately to ensure flawless execution, continuous testing of new ideas and improving plans.
- Key contact internally for matches, including running of weekly ticketing meetings and weekly reporting on finances and attendance levels to senior management.
- Responsible for all match day stadium branding, including all printed branding and digital screen assets, in line with guidelines and to high standard
- Responsible for individual match budgets
- Agreeing and setting attendance and revenue targets for 21/22 season and beyond
Ongoing marketing responsibilities including:
- Working day-to-day with the wider marketing team (including the brand, content and CRM teams), as well as other key departments (including the communications, partnerships and technical teams) to drive campaign activity for the England Men’s and Women’s brand throughout the season, contributing from ideation to implementation of strategy.
- Roll out of the England brand across key touchpoints including stadium, website, supporters club, social media etc.
- Liaison with key external stakeholders including management of media and creative agencies, plus other suppliers
- Contributing to / running of key weekly meetings including agenda-setting, planning and reporting
- Minimum 4 years of marketing experience for a brand, agency, rights-holder.
- Strong integrated marketing experience, with an ability to turn strategy into action and lead 360 marketing campaigns
- Experience in project management and delivering multiple tasks to deadline
- Experience in managing internal or external agency teams (writing briefs, giving feedback etc.)
- Able to change and improve ways of working and existing processes
- Able to work on own initiative; accountable and reliable
- Confident communicator and able to speak up in meetings and lead larger groups
- Able to attend matches at weekends and in evenings
- Comfortable with managing high work volumes
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office
- Educated to degree level / equivalent qualification / equivalent experience
- Experience within the sports industry is desirable but not essential
- An interest in football and knowledge of both men’s and women’s football
- Understanding the importance of working in conjunction with commercial partners
- Experience with developing promotional plans for major events