Motorsport Network is the global market leader in media and technology sitting at the intersection of the Motorsport and Automotive industries. We have grown our audience to more than 61 million monthly active users and over 20 million social media followers. We have sold more than one million copies of our NASCAR series of video games and market tickets and hospitality experiences to more than 100 events per year.
Motorsport Network’s events division is a fast-growing specialist provider of motorsport tickets, experiences, travel, hospitality, and exclusive events, including Le Mans 24 Hours, Formula 1 and Moto GP races, WRC rallies, the Isle of Man TT and many more.
We are seeking an experienced, entrepreneurial leader to join our international team and grow the hospitality, experiences, and travel arm of our business.
Purpose of the Role
This position will oversee our existing ticketing, hospitality, experience and travel businesses and the role will be an integral part of identifying and integrating future acquisitions and synergising the current operations.
- Overall responsibility for our online e-commerce platform motorsporttickets.com
- Overall responsibility for our hospitality, experiences, and travel businesses
- Maintain and grow the portfolio of partner events, racetracks, and motorsport series
- Responsibility for sponsor, partner and supplier liaison and management
- Identifying and implement alternative and innovative ideas for achieving new business
- Identifying and implementing opportunities to improve operational, service, and sales performance
- Ensure first-class customer service
- Responsible for budgeting, P&L and board reporting
- Managing and leading the team (coaching, development, performance reviews etc) of specialists including marketing, onsite event management and delivery, hospitality and customer services
- Motivate the team to hit and exceed their targets and ensure company profitability
- Overseeing integration of different products and services into one efficient organisation
- Overseeing technical integration onto a centralised platform of Motorsport Network
- Promote and market the business
Skills, Knowledge and Attributes Required:
We have a friendly and multi-cultural working environment, so personality is important. This must be matched with the dedication and attitude to perform to the very highest of standards.
- Senior leadership experience within an online ticketing business (ideally sports), a travel, hospitality and/or events business
- E-commerce: profound understanding of e-commerce platforms and online marketing tools
- Experience with customer services management
- Team leader for at least 8 years
- Managing Director or similar role for 5 years / profound business administration skills (budget, HR, insurances, etc)
- Experience in B-2-B and/or B-2-C marketing of events
- Demonstrable experience in developing strategic and business plans
- Thorough and up to date knowledge of market changes and forces that influence the events sector
- Excellent organisational and leadership skills
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving abilities
- A positive, enthusiastic, and motivated individual that always looks to deliver beyond expectations
- A creative and ambitious person that always looks to find opportunities for improvement
- Ready to travel (25%)
- Educated to degree standard
- Experience within motorsports and network within motorsports industry
- English plus at least one more language preferably multilingual
- Experience with acquisition of sports rights, including tenders
- Based in London