PAID MEDIA MANAGER
Position: Paid Media Manager
Employment: Full-time permanent
Location: Working in Manchester four days a week, one remote.
Commercial Area: UK & Europe.
A one-off opportunity to work in a growing Paid Media team at an agency with the goal
to the best in the world for events. With a mission to fill dance floors and events, you’ll
be working on some of Europe’s most well-loved music events and international brands.
The Paid Media Manager will be based four days a week in Manchester and up to 1 day a week remotely, ensuring the agency produces the outstanding work required to achieve its world-class ambitions. Working alongside some of the most well-loved and known music events, your team will create and optimise world-class paid media campaigns to launch and sell tickets for music festivals and events worldwide. You’ll work on some with a traditional agency-client relationship and others with an internal relationship working directly with the in-house team.
You ll be reporting directly to the Head of Paid Media and work within a team of 1 otherPaid Media Manager and 1 Paid Media Executive. Your role will see you working on the strategy, implementation, optimisation, reporting and managing the client relationships
on each paid media campaign.
We are looking for someone passionate and highly experienced with at least three
years of experience in paid media buying, strategy, analysis and budget management.
The purpose of this role is two-fold:
1. To create and deliver world-class paid media campaigns to help our client base and internal festivals & events grow and exceed their ticket sales targets.
2. To create an unrivalled client experience by going above and beyond the standard expectations to develop long-lasting relationships and partnerships.
1. To create and deliver world-class paid media campaigns by:
- Strategising and implementing paid social media advertising and PPC campaigns designed to drive ticket sales. The campaigns will take place primarily across Facebook, Instagram, and Google but also platforms such as TikTok, Snapchat and Twitter, and any other new media.
- Managing campaign budgets efficiently and diligently working towards campaign KPIS.
- Conducting a/b testing to advance channel effectiveness and drive insights; includes planning, prioritisation, measurement, structure and analysis.
- Developing and maintaining solid relationships with clients and representatives at our leading platforms (Facebook/Instagram, Tiktok, Twitter, Google, Snapchat).
2. To create an unrivalled client experience by:
- Authoring weekly reports on internal and external clients – efficiently and timely using the agency’s existing frameworks and ensuring sales are correctly attributed to delivering ROAS metrics.
- Producing weekly analyses and recommendations for clients internally and externally to improve their campaigns.
- Advising clients/internal clients on how to improve and refresh their assets.
- Hosting weekly calls with clients to advise them on we can work together to improve their metrics with confidence to talk about strategy, budgets and ROI.
- Working closely with the agency’s internal festival marketing teams to drive ticket sales to our own events.
3. To help the new business side of the agency by:
- Working with the new business team to develop and deliver proposals using the agency’s existing framework
- Developing internal processes to drive efficienciesWriting up thought leadership and success stories on the agency’s Paid Media successes.
- Drive innovation in Paid Media to increase our efficiency, keeping your ear to the ground on the latest software innovations.
- Monitoring competitors to identify and assess their social media advertising strategies, as well as keep abreast of the overall industry.
- Developing and maintaining solid relationships with clients, and representatives at our main platforms (Facebook/Instagram, Twitter, Google, Snapchat).
Personality, Education, Experience and Skills:
We are looking for a positive, energetic, ambitious, proven music festival expert with a
natural flair for spotting opportunities and thinking about the bigger picture.
A successful candidate stands out because of;
- A personal track record of running successful paid media campaigns within music or events driving proven ticket sales results.
- An extensive portfolio of previous work of full campaigns on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and Google Ads.
Furthermore, a candidate will be able to show concrete examples of how they are:
a) A colleague that focuses on collaboration, involvement and transparency to succeed.
b) Proactive in their approach to projects, never leaving anything unresolved.
c) A colleague that thinks about the bigger picture when working, always asking Why?
d) A colleague that positively challenges things.
e) Experienced with managing client expectations and ensuring their objectives are met.
Finally, the successful candidate will have:
- Extensive knowledge and experience with digital marketing platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, Google, YouTube & others. Including
- knowledge of using Meta Business Manager to control a wide range of ad accounts and pages and extensive knowledge of how to get the best out of ads managers.
- Experience using Supermetrics for either Google Sheets or Data Studio.
- Three years+ of Paid Media event or music experience (not compulsory) is preferred. Agency or in-house experience.
- A deep understanding of campaign targeting, remarketing and cross-channel attribution.
- Proven experience working with 3rd parties to ensure attribution.
- Proven experience of managing a range of client spend, but some spend isn£100k a month, so need to have experience handling large client budgets on paid, as well as smaller retainers/budgets.
- Small amounts of ideation but ideally this person just needs to know what works and does not work with Gen Z and millennials.
- Proven client-facing experience and contributions to pitches.
- Proven experience managing a team member.
- Ideal but not compulsory: A passion for music, festivals and events.
Here are a few more things you should know about Mustard Media:
- We are a fast-growing company with a rapidly expanding client base.
- We have 27 days of paid annual leave and encourage team members to take their birthdays off.
- We have quarterly team socials.
- We finish at 4 pm on Fridays.
- We’re part of the Nest pension scheme.
- We have a cycle-to-work scheme available.