SeatPlan is a London based theatre ticketing company with a small team and startup atmosphere. We combine audience seat reviews and photos with ticket prices to give our customers the best possible information to choose and book the best seats. Our unique website helps over 300k users per month and sells a lot of tickets!
We are looking for an experienced Product Manager who is passionate about building products that customers love. You will join a dynamic and fast-paced environment and work with cross-functional teams to design, build and roll-out products that deliver the company’s vision and strategy.
Reporting directly to our CEO, you will be the glue in the team ensuring shared goals are met and driving the team forward in Agile sprints.
- Gain a deep understanding of customer experience, identify and fill product gaps and generate new ideas that grow market share, improve customer experience and drive growth
- Translate product strategy into a product roadmap
- Act as a product evangelist to build awareness and understanding
- Scope and prioritize activities based on business and customer impact
- Manage sprint planning and product backlogs
- Work closely with development teams to deliver with quick time-to-market and optimal resources
- Drive product launches including working with public relations team, executives, and other product management team members
- Evaluate promotional plans to ensure that they are consistent with product line strategy and that the message is effectively conveyed
- Manage user acceptance testing and launch
- Proven work experience in product management
- Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle
- Proven ability to develop product and marketing strategies and effectively communicate recommendations to executive management
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies
- Strong problem solving skills and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done
- Skilled at working effectively with cross functional teams in a matrix organization
- Good eye for user experience and a good understanding of wireframing, user interaction and visual design
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- MS/BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent preferred
- Experience of agile methodology, JIRA and Confluence
Desirable qualities and experience:
- Passion for theatre or live events
- Experience in a transactional B2C environment
- Ticketing industry and/or affiliate websites
- Salary – £45-65k (depending on experience) and 10% bonus to reward performance.
- Shares – Company EMI scheme
- Theatre tickets – Free to feed your passion for theatre
- Monthly team events – get together with your colleagues and have some fun!
- Pension – up to 5% of salary contribution
- Impact – Play a big part in our small machine. See the impact of your work and how it helps the company grow, feel the warm glow of appreciation from the thousands of theatregoers that we help each day. Contribute ideas to areas of the business that do not necessarily fall within your job specification.
- Personal development – Exposure to different parts of the business are part and parcel of working in a small company like SeatPlan. You will sit amongst product, marketing, content and development teams learning skills you didn’t know you had within you! Each member of the team is expected to formulate a personal development plan with their manager and has a learning budget to fuel growth.
- Autonomy – We don’t have a heavy management structure and expect members of the team to work independently or as a team as required. You will own areas of responsibility and have goals to deliver against.
- Work From Home – Once you are settled in, work from home 2 days per month.