We are looking for an experienced Senior Finance Manager to take day-to-day responsibility for our finance function. Reporting to the CEO, this is a key position within the business as the company enters a critical growth-phase. This role would be ideally suited to an experienced individual who is keen to move to a fast-moving, entrepreneurial business and has ambitions to become FD / CFO in due course.
What you’ll be responsible for
- Preparing financial reports including cash reconciliations, snapshots, management accounts, VAT and CT returns.
- Oversee the production of annual accounts and R&D reports in conjunction with the company’s accountants.
- Ownership of the company’s budget and cash flow projections. Regular monitoring and reconciliation.
- Manage the relationship with the company’s payment partner. Analyse payment data and drive opportunities for cost optimisation.
- General book-keeping and financial control, ensuring the business stays on top of cash flow and working capital.
- Work with the company’s accountants to ensure tax optimisation and compliance.
- Conduct strategic financial analysis to help guide decision making.
Who we are looking for
- Professional qualification such as ACCA, ACA, CIMA, MBA or similar.
- At least 5 years’ experience either in an investment banking / corporate finance function.
- Proficient user of finance software; preferably Xero.
- Strong financial modelling and presentation skills.
- A solid understanding of financial statistics and accounting principles.
- Working knowledge of all statutory legislation and regulations.
Bonus points if:
- You have worked in a similar role for a growth company.
- You have experience working with or for tech scale-ups.
- You have knowledge of accounting and tax regimes outside the UK.
Why join us
- Competitive Salary with discretionary bonus.
- Holiday Perks. Claim a bonus holiday for every year you are with us, plus extra time off between Christmas and New Year.
- Flexible Hours. Manage your hours in a way that suits you.
- Professional Autonomy. Build a career around what you believe in.
- Inclusive Culture. Fun and dynamic with regular socials.