- We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to be part of one of our talented cross functional teams. You’ll be using your experience and expertise to not only build solutions that solve business problems, but to also help take the Spektrix product to the next level.
- You will work collaboratively alongside your Product Owner to deliver on priorities, balancing the need for high quality with client needs to continuously deliver value.
- Taking ownership of your work, running the code you build, understanding the monitoring, alerting and performance of the system, alongside how the code is used by our customers.
- Working with others in your team to find the best solution, often times with lots of opinions, but no egos.
- We work innovatively, seeking new ideas and sharing new insights from blogs, conferences, and ultimately learning from mistakes! We learn through regular development talk sessions, held every couple of weeks.
- As Senior Software Engineer you will be leading and mentoring a close knit team, whilst being in constant interaction with the rest of the business. Every Friday afternoon the Product and Engineering team lead the a show and tell to talk through the work they’ve done that week.
Some of the technologies we use
You may come from a different set of tools for development and continuous integration and delivery. We’re not hung up on the the technology and believe in the right tool for the job. Here’s what you’ll see in our current technology stack.
- Multi-tenant SaaS platform with a focus on configuration over customisation
- C#, exposed via APIs and MVC
- SQL Server and Redis
- CI tooling with Bitbucket for Source Control, and Bamboo/Teamcity/CHEF for builds and deployments, Resharper
What we’re looking for
- As a seasoned software engineer, you will have a passion for the continuous delivery of value to customers.
- You will want to build and run the software you write, with a desire to understand why and how it adds value to your customers as well as always looking for ways to help make it more readable, deployable and testable.
- You will have a very clear and working understanding of SOLID principles, being a keen advocate of TDD. This will be demonstrated in your experience of refactoring code bases, always looking to improve the code you work in.
- You will have worked with big distributed systems, be familiar with messaging patterns and API’s, being able to diagnose production bugs and performance issues.
- You believe the team around you is essential to delivering great software, always looking for ways to help others and improve the processes in the team to create the best solution for our customers.
- You will have an interest in the wider technical community, looking for ways to learn new approaches to tackling complex problems as well as sharing your own story.