Social Media Editor
Location: London, UK
Division: Ticketmaster UK and IE
Line Manager: Head of Content
Contract Terms: Permanent, 40 hours per week
Ticketmaster UK, part of Live Nation Entertainment is the largest live entertainment company in the world, consisting of five businesses: concert promotion and venue operations, sponsorship, ticketing solutions, ecommerce and artist management. The Ticketmaster Marketing team drives customer engagement via our Content, CRM and Performance Marketing channels, creating campaigns to retain existing fans, acquire new fans and ultimately drive sales.
The role of the social media editor is to lead on the direction and execution of Ticketmaster’s social media strategy across multiple platforms.
You’ll be a creative, organised editor with a gift for crafting engaging and effective social copy and campaigns, and adept at taking existing content and repurposing it in appropriate, platform-specific ways.
You’ll be comfortable working with team members from other disciplines to help our social channels function as an effective part of larger campaigns. You’ll be passionate about live entertainment and social media, keeping on top of latest trends and acting as an advocate for best practice within the larger organisation.
Ticketmaster UK is part of Live Nation Entertainment, the largest live entertainment company in the world, consisting of five businesses: concert promotion and venue operations, sponsorship, ticketing solutions, ecommerce and artist management. Live Nation seeks to innovate and enhance the live entertainment experience for artists and fans: before, during and after the show. Live Nation Entertainment incorporates various high-profile brands including Ticketmaster, Academy Music Group (AMG) and Live Nation Music.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Working with the Head of Content to create a top-class social media strategy that promotes Ticketmaster and its events while engaging followers and growing our audience
- Writing social copy and creating and scheduling posts across all of Ticketmaster’s customer-facing channels
- Attending events, press days and interviews to capture content for Ticketmaster’s social channels
- Working with the wider marketing team to devise creative social-first solutions for brand campaigns
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW (or TECHNICAL SKILLS)
- Proven experience running social media channels for a brand or publication
- Experience using scheduling software such as Sprout
- Educated to degree level in Journalism (or a related subject) or substantial experience in digital content marketing, social media or journalism.
- Able to write and edit copy quickly and accurately while adapting to brand tone of voice
- Ability to use Microsoft office software packages to a competent standard
- Previous experience of using analytics programmes (such as Google Analytics) to report on social activity is highly desirable
- Experience with video and audio editing software is highly desirable
YOU (BEHAVIOURAL SKILLS)
- Organised, self-motivated and capable of working on own initiative
- Enthusiastic, confident and able to communicate at all levels
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Strong creative skills
- Good time management skills with an ability to plan and prioritise competing work demands
- Excellent verbal communications skills
- Demonstrable creativity and innovation in a business context relevant to the role
LIFE AT TICKETMASTER
We are proud to be a part of Live Nation Entertainment, the world’s largest live entertainment company.
Our vision at Ticketmaster is to connect people around the world to the live events they love. As the world’s largest ticket marketplace and the leading global provider of enterprise tools and services for the live entertainment business, we are uniquely positioned to successfully deliver on that vision.
We do it all with an intense passion for Live and an inspiring and diverse culture driven by accessible leaders, attentive managers, and enthusiastic teams. If you’re passionate about live entertainment like we are, and you want to work at a company dedicated to helping millions of fans experience it, we want to hear from you.
Our work is guided by our values:
Reliability – We understand that fans and clients rely on us to power their live event experiences, and we rely on each other to make it happen.
Teamwork – We believe individual achievement pales in comparison to the level of success that can be achieved by a team
Integrity – We are committed to the highest moral and ethical standards on behalf of the countless partners and stakeholders we represent
Belonging – We are committed to building a culture in which all people can be their authentic selves, have an equal voice and opportunities to thrive
We are passionate and committed to our people and go beyond the rhetoric of diversity and inclusion. You will be working in an inclusive environment and be encouraged to bring your whole self to work. We will do all that we can to help you successfully balance your work and homelife. As a growing business we will encourage you to develop your professional and personal aspirations, enjoy new experiences, and learn from the talented people you will be working with. It’s talent that matters to us and we encourage applications from people irrespective of their gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status or caring responsibilities.