Protect Group is a leading InsurTech company based in Leeds that has established the industry standard in Event Protection (Cancellation) and Refund Protection.
We are looking for a Mid-Level engineer to join our talented and collaborative development team. In this role, you will design and develop code for a highly available and scalable commercial software.
The successful candidate will be a fast learner with the ability to handle multiple tasks and possess excellent analytical, listening and communication skills, both oral and verbal; and will be able to work independently as well as collaboratively.
- Mentor Junior Engineers and collaborate efficiently with Senior Engineers, Product and Design.
- Follow-through from project inception through design to detailed completion in the agile methodology. Iterate on solutions based on internal and external (client) feedback
Skills & Requirements
- Strong grasp Computer Science fundamentals (Data Structures, Algorithms, etc…)
- Strong grasp of Networking fundamentals.
- Good all-round experience of MySQL and Postgres. In addition, ability to develop database solutions for Microsoft SQL Server, including creating: tables, views, stored procedure, triggers, and indexes.
- Good knowledge and experience of ColdFusion is essential, in particular the Coldbox framework and Lucee.
- Software development experience in Java.
- Experience of other scripting languages particularly PHP.
- Clear understanding of HTML and CSS and responsive design.
- Experience with public cloud-based systems (AWS, Azure, GCP), specifically container-based architecture and orchestration.
- Experience designing and implementing high performance, large scale systems.
- Comfortable working with internal client teams to spec out requirements.
- Be fully committed to Agile methodologies and techniques.
- Must be self-directed and be able to prioritize own workload
- Competitive Salary between £25,000 – £40,000
- Annual company and performance related bonus of up to 20%
- Employee Share Scheme of 10% of the company’s equity
- Flexible working environment in a new state of the art office in Leeds City Centre
- The working hours are: Monday – Thursday 08:00 – 18:00 and Friday 08:00 – 15:00
- 28 days annual leave