- We are looking for a Technical Lead to be part of one of our talented cross-functional teams. You’ll be a technical expert in your domain, using your experience and expertise to not only build solutions that solve business problems but to also help take the Spektrix product to the next level.
- You will work collaboratively alongside your Product Owner to lead the team on delivering on priorities, balancing the need for high quality with client needs to continuously deliver value. You’ll help the team to focus on continually improving and bettering themselves in the fast delivery of high-quality code.
- You will work closely alongside our Principal Engineer, driving better coding practices, techniques and principles both in the day to day coding in the teams but also in moving to a message based architecture that is more decoupled, distributed and scalable.
- You will bring key technical problems and constraints to Technical Prioritisation, helping the technical community to clearly define the problems in a way that demonstrates the overall value to the business.
- You’ll work with the team to break down user stories to deliver value faster through our CI/CD pipelines as well as helping to schedule releases and mitigate risks.
- Working with others on the team to find the best solution, often times with lots of opinions, but no egos.
- We work innovatively, seeking new ideas and sharing new insights from blogs, conferences, and ultimately learning from mistakes! We learn through regular development talk sessions, held every couple of weeks.
- As Technical Lead you will be mentoring a close-knit team, helping them to hone and develop their technical skills, whilst being in constant interaction with the rest of the business.
- Every Friday afternoon the Product and Engineering team lead a show and tell, talking through the work they’ve done in that iteration.
Some of the technologies we use
You may come from a different set of tools for development and continuous integration and delivery. We’re not hung up on the technology and believe in the right tool for the job. Here’s what you’ll see in our current technology stack.
- Multi-tenant SaaS platform with a focus on configuration over customisation
- C#, exposed via APIs and MVC
- SQL Server and Redis
- CI tooling with Bitbucket for Source Control, and Bamboo/TeamCity/Octopus Deploy/CHEF for builds and deployments, Resharper
- Migrating to Azure
- Evolving to a message based system with decoupled SOA and service mesh.
What we’re looking for
- As a seasoned leader in the technical community, you will have a passion for helping teams strive for the continuous delivery of value to customers.
- You will want to help the teams build and run the software they write, with a desire to understand why and how it adds value to your customers as well as always looking for ways to help make it more readable, deployable and testable.
- You will have a very clear and working understanding of SOLID principles and be a keen advocate of TDD. This will be demonstrated in your experience of refactoring code bases, always looking to improve the code you work in.
- You will have worked with big distributed systems, be familiar with messaging patterns and API’s, being able to diagnose production bugs and performance issues.
- As an advocate of pair-programming, you believe the team around you is essential to delivering great software, always looking for ways to help others and improve the processes in the team to create the best solution for our customers.
- You will have an interest in the wider technical community, looking for ways to learn new approaches to tackling complex problems as well as sharing your own story.