We are building an organization that serves our fans, community and partners through world-class entertainment, sports and events. We believe in being authentically Austin. This means staying true to what makes Austin, Austin by rolling up our sleeves to get things done, being a pillar in our community, teamwork over the individual, celebrating our wins, taking risks and stretching our potential.
Moody Center will provide the city with its first premier venue to host the biggest and best artists and acts in the industry. Designed specifically for concerts, the new arena will replace the 42-year-old Frank C. Erwin Jr. Center at The University of Texas and will be the home to The University of Texas women’s and men’s basketball games as well as other sports and community events. Moody Center is privately financed through a unique partnership between Oak View Group, Live Nation/C3 Presents, The University of Texas at Austin, and Matthew McConaughey and is set to open Spring 2022.
The Ticketing Manager will report directly to the Director of Ticketing. This position will provide Moody Center clients with comprehensive event management and ticketing services. Primary responsibilities include providing venue-specific information to promoters, event submissions, event financials, ongoing event administration, box office operations, supervising staff, day of show production, and settlement. Product specialization will include Host, Archtics, TM1, Entry, and Account Manager. The position is to be a key contributor to the ticketing team.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain excellent client relationships while meeting and exceeding client service level agreements.
- Build all events in the Archtics database and assist Premium Sales & Services Team with season renewals and member presales, including setting up Account Manager for sales to our premium ticket members.
- Manage Box Office team members including an Assistant Ticketing Manager and aid this position with hiring, scheduling, and training part-time staff as needed.
- Advise and manage reporting for the venue and its promoter clients.
- Ensure the venue is maximizing its use of Ticketmaster products and services.
- Provide initial venue-specific information to promoters such as venue specs and requirements, scalings, and financials.
- Submit events to Ticketmaster for programming; manage all inventory requirements, special offers, and programs on behalf of venue and promoter.
- Responsible for day of show box office support for venue, promoter, and customers with night of show settlement and reporting as required.
- Setup scanners, gates, rules, exceptions, load events, and archive with the Ticketmaster Entry system.
- Use troubleshooting techniques and tools to identify the root cause of issues including the research of client/customer complaints about service levels.
- Serve as manager on duty for assigned events and shows.
- Collaborate with arena teams such as Finance, Marketing, Premium Sales & Service, Front of House, Operations, and IT.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by Director of Ticketing.
Required Experience & Qualifications:
- The qualifications listed below represent the credentials necessary to perform the essential functions of this position. To be successful in this position, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 4-6 years’ experience with the Ticketmaster suite of products including Host, Archtics (as a super user), TM1, TM Entry, and Mobile Technology.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and documentation skills.
- Experience training and managing staff.
- Extremely organized and detail- oriented, resourceful, quick learner and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Skilled in conflict resolution.
- Ability to work well within a team environment, yet comfortable completing tasks independently.
- Position requires the ability to accommodate a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends, and holidays, as well as being able to perform in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
- Frequent bending, lifting 15-20 pounds, sitting, exposure to multiple external elements, extensive walking throughout the arena.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Sports Management, Marketing or other related field is preferred.
- Experience with large-scale events in an arena, stadium, or concert setting of a similar size (15,000 seats) is preferred.
Oak View Group (OVG) is a sports and entertainment company engaged in a wide variety of activities, including arena development, facility management, arena and stadium alliance, sponsorships and partnerships, security services, publications, conferences, and consulting. The company, privately held, is headquartered in Los Angeles, California with offices throughout the world.
We are committed to ensuring all of our buildings and office locations are the safest in the world for artists, teams, employees, and fans. Thus, OVG requires COVID-19 vaccinations of all employees, sub-contractors, and vendors.
Oak View Group is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis (“protected class”) including, but not limited to veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.