- JOB TITLE: Ticketing and Membership Coordinator
- REPORTING TO: Ticketing and Membership Manager
- CONTRACT TYPE: Temporary – 12 months fixed term
- LOCATION: The FAW Offices, Hensol, Cardiff
- SALARY: £16,000 – £17,000 subject to experience
Full job description details can be found at https://www.faw.cymru/en/about-faw/fa-wales-vacancies/.
The FAW is looking to recruit a Ticketing and Membership Coordinator (12 month contract).
THE FOOTBALL ASSOCIATION OF WALES (FAW)
The Football Association of Wales (FAW) is the governing body of football in Wales and is responsible for promoting and developing the game at all levels from grass roots through to the professional game, including the Welsh Premier League and all International Teams. Founded in 1876 the FAW is the third oldest Association in the World, founder members of FIFA and UEFA, and together with the other British Associations is one of the Board Members of the International Football Association Board (IFAB).
The FAW is governed by a Board of Directors made up of an Independent Chair, the CEO, two Independent Non-Executives, the four Officers of the FAW and three elected Members. The FAW Board is responsible to the Shareholders of the FAW called the FAW Council. The Council is made up of elected and nominated representatives from Welsh Football. The FAW Council, with the FAW Executive, manages football related activities through a series of committees. The CEO has the responsibility to manage the business and all staff employed by the FAW.
The FAW is a Limited Company responsible for the development of football in Wales. The FAW established the FAW Trust, a charity with responsibility, under licence, to manage certain activities for the FAW. With over 100 full time staff and operating in over 50 countries, it has doubled group turnover in the past 5 years to £20m per annum. Its main sources of income are through FIFA, UEFA, grants, sponsorship and TV revenue. The FAW was responsible for bringing the UEFA Champions League final 2017 to Wales; it was then largest sports event in the world in 2017, staged in the smallest city, hosted by the smallest Association and the smallest country since the competition’s creation.
The Football Association of Wales strives to become a leading employer that reflects the communities of Wales while creating an inclusive, diverse and supportive workplace for all employees. As an equal opportunities employer, we welcome applications women and individuals who identify as LGBTQ+, Black, Asian, and Mixed-Heritage backgrounds.
The principles of fair and open competition will apply, and appointments will be made on merit.
Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Check
This role, due to its nature, duties, and responsibilities, will be subject to the successful applicant undergoing a check by the DBS.
APPLICATION PROCESS TIMELINE
- Deadline for applicants is the close of business on Monday 4th October 2021
- Applications received after this date will not be considered.
- Applications must be supported by a letter detailing why the applicant believes they are a suitable candidate for the post, outline their current salary and salary expectations and be accompanied with a current CV. Our equality & diversity monitoring form must also be completed.
- Applications should be sent via email to [email protected] clearly marking the subject of the email: Ticketing and Membership Coordinator
- Interviews will be held at the FAW Offices, Hensol, Vale of Glamorgan or on Microsoft Teams the week commencing 18th October 2021