Role Title: Ticketing Manager
Reports to: Head of Ticketing
Salary Range: $70k per annum, pro rata
Employment term: January – June 2022
About Sydney Writers’ Festival
Sydney Writers’ Festival is one of the world’s leading and most beloved literary institutions. It is a place for readers, writers and thinkers to share ideas, tell stories and celebrate literature.
Since our first Festival in 1997, we have brought thousands of diverse writers and thinkers from Australia and around the globe together in Sydney. In the company of the world’s best novelists, poets, journalists, public intellectuals, economists, politicians, podcasters and scientists, we’ve discussed some of the most pressing issues of our times. We’ve celebrated prize-winning authors, long-awaited novels from writers at the height of their careers and introduced debut authors to eager and enthusiastic new audiences.
Readers and writers have exchanged thoughts and opinions, perspectives and philosophies, creating a powerful community based on radical dialogue and respectful debate. The heartbeat of questioning that beats underneath the Festival is powerful and enlivens Australia’s democratic tradition.
About this role
Reporting to the Head of Ticketing, the Ticketing Manager is responsible for building and managing the Sydney Writers’ Festival’s ticketing requirements within Tessitura. Reporting to the Head of Ticketing, the Ticketing Manager will ensure all Festival events are built accurately and that points of sales are managed efficiently to ensure optimal revenue growth for the organisation.
Reporting to the Head of Ticketing, the Ticketing Manager will ensure all Sydney Writers’ Festival’s ticketing requirements are built accurately within Tessitura and that sales avenues are managed efficiently to ensure revenue growth for the organisation.
The Ticketing Manager will be responsible for the day to day operational and ticketing needs of the main festival box office.
Under the guidance and ongoing support of the Head of Ticketing, the Ticketing Manager will:
- Have a minimum of 2 years’ experience administering the Tessitura CRM system,
- Coordinate all event builds and ticketing setup in Tessitura including creation and maintenance of pricing templates, GL codes, new venues (facilities), keywords, ticket templates, promo codes, hold maps and best seating maps.
- Coordinate event builds, allocations and sales reporting with our external vendors/venue box offices
- Working closely with the Marketing and Development teams, manage the Tessitura and TNEW integration with the main Sydney Writers’ Festival website. Including testing online purchase paths, pricing rules and promo codes.
- Recruit, train and manage seasonal festival ticketing staff including Customer Service Supervisor(s) and Customer Service Representatives.
- Ensure that company data entry standards and secure data polices are followed by all staff using the CRM system with a focus on PCI compliance and GDPR.
- Create and manage the weekly festival box office staff rosters and timesheets.
- Coordinate the equipment, hardware and software requirements of our satellite call centre and box office locations for the festival, to deliver superior customer service.
- Create and implement internal complimentary ticket policy and process, working closely with our Programming, Marketing, Publicity and Development.
- Assist with customer communications in collaboration with the marketing team including preparation of lists for use with Wordfly
- Recording and responding to customer feedback in a timely manner.
- Distribute daily sales reports and assist with post festival data analysis and reconciliation as required by the Head of Ticketing.
- Manage delivery of frontline customer service including inbound telephone bookings and online booking assistance.
- Undertake any other duties as reasonably required by company department heads and the CEO
Key Selection Criteria
- 2+ years experience using Tessitura.
- Skilled in building and administration of events in Tessitura.
- Demonstrated experience managing casual and seasonal ticketing staffing
- Experience managing ticketing in the arts industry or Festival environment.
- Prior experience rostering of staff within budgetary constraints
- Demonstrated ability to work to deadline
- Proven record of exceptional client relationship management skills.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Proficiency in office computer systems including word and excel.
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Highly organised, motivated, and pro-active
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously whilst remaining calm under pressure
- Working knowledge of TNEW and Queue-It desirable.
Applications should be addressed to Michael Clapham, Head of Ticketing, including your resume and a cove