- Team: Events & Special Projects
- Grade: Implement
- Salary: Competitive
- Location: Lord’s (possible flexible/remote)
- 6:00pm, 9th Jan 2022 GMT
- Role posted – 8:55am, 14th Dec 2021 GMT
Perks and benefits
We have a hugely exciting opportunity for the right person to join The Hundred as a Ticketing Manager. The purpose of this role is to support the Senior Ticketing Manager in the development and delivery of The Hundred’s ticketing strategy and deliver an amazing cricket event.
The Hundred launched in 2021 and is a world class cricket tournament for both the men’s and women’s game designed to broaden the appeal of the sport.
With over 510k tickets sold and issued, an overall broadcast reach of 16.1m viewers and record attendances for women’s cricket in 2021, the path has been laid for 2022 to be a great year for The Hundred!
The ECB is a fun and energising place to work and The Hundred department is lively and full of talent with a “start-up” mentality.
WHO WE ARE
The England and Wales Cricket Board is the national governing body for all cricket in England and Wales, supporting the game at every level – from grassroots to professional.
We believe cricket is a force for good that can have an enduring impact on everyone’s lives and we have an ambitious strategy to inspire a generation to say ‘cricket is a game for me’. It provides great entertainment. It teaches important skills, both physical and social. It can help inclusion and social cohesion, bringing communities together.
The ECB welcomes applications from all backgrounds to ensure we deliver our Inspiring Generations strategy and fulfil our purpose to connect communities and improve lives through cricket.
- Stronger As One Team – We are stronger together. We allow for individual strengths and beliefs but head in the same direction. We respect, support and really listen to each other along the way.
- Push New Boundaries – We are bold, brave and curious. We challenge and don’t settle. We forge the future whilst remembering our roots.
- Be The Best In The Game – On & Off The Pitch – We train hard. We strive to be our best to help the team be the best. We celebrate our victories and learn from our let downs.
- Passion For Play – We are here to inspire & be inspired. We are serious about what we do, but don’t take ourselves seriously. We enjoy the journey and have fun.
YOU’LL LOVE THIS JOB IF
- You are an organised, self-starter with a passion for delivering quality outcomes.
- You’re a clear and articulate communicator.
- You thrive under busy, variable and exciting environments where no two days are alike, coupled by an unshakable can-do attitude.
YOU’LL BE DOING
- Working across the event build process on the SecuTix ticketing platform including seat configurations and inventory management.
- Managing the day-to-day communications flow for our outsourced contact centre provider.
- Support the management of access control planning & delivery across all venues
- Oversee the delivery of all operational components of the ticketing project plan, including working closely with venues and SecuTix to develop a detailed venue specific ticketing operations manual for all venues.
- Working closely with SecuTix on socially distanced seating plans & capacities (if required)
- Successfully delivering the ticketing operations across all venues as part of The Hundred ticketing team.
- Work with the Senior Ticketing Manager to plan staffing during the tournament period.
- Acting as The Hundred Ticketing point of contact during the tournament.
- Working with the Senior Ticketing Manager and Finance department in the reconciliation of all ticket revenues.
- Support Senior ticketing Manager in the recruitment, training and management of any seasonal resource.
- Significant technical ticketing experience, including working for a large-scale organization or major sports event with a focus on operational planning and delivery in a fixed seated stadia environment.
- Experience of planning and delivering a project plan and sales processes across multiple venues.
- Management of ticket quotas and inventory across multiple venues.
- Demonstrable strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills, the ability to influence others and manage relationships.
- Experience of working across internal and external departments and stakeholders.
- Experience with the latest ticketing technologies.
- Outstanding attention to detail and planning skills.
- Confidence to meet non-negotiable timelines.
- Flexibility and are prepared to travel and work unsociable hours, including weekends and long hours where necessary.
- The ability to work within high pressure situations.
- Competitive salary
- 25 days’ holiday
- Private medical insurance
- Non-contributory 8% pension
- Life assurance
- 30% discount on New Balance items
The England and Wales Cricket Board is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.