UEFA Women’s EURO 2021 Ticketing Manager (WNSL0062)
Division: Tournament Delivery
Location: Wembley Stadium
Closing Date: 17 November 2019
Vacancy Type: Fixed Term Contract, Full-time
In July 2021, England will host the UEFA Women’s European Championships after being awarded the right to host in December 2018. Having previously hosted the Tournament in 2005, the final will be staged at Wembley Stadium, seeing back-to-back men’s and women’s UEFA Euro Finals in 2020 and 2021.
16 teams will take part in 31 matches over 25 days of competition with approximately 650,000 tickets available for clients and spectators across 9 stadiums. 4 million viewers watched England’s semi-final in Holland 2017.
Approximately 80 staff, 1,500 volunteers and numerous suppliers will be contracted to deliver the Tournament. Our vision is to suitably mark the dawn of a new era for Football, to showcase and celebrate the women’s game and players, inspiring participation and growing new audiences. We will be READY for record audiences, ready to engage host cities & partners, to amplify the Women’s game and deliver operational excellence, all in an environment of equality.
To maximise ticketing revenues and optimise attendance at all matches through a fair and transparent system, which provides value for money for all spectators in a safe and festive environment. The Ticketing Manager will be responsible for the implementation of the UEFA Women’s EURO 2021 Ticketing strategy across all 9 venues
- Manage a ticketing provider appointed to deliver a ticketing website, provide customer support, provide management information & reporting tools etc.
- Establish and manage close working relationships with venue and event operations to ensure that the selected venues are mapped out and managed efficiently.
- Deliver match day operations at each venue, including the set-up of any ticketing facilities and implementation of a ticket resolution service to satisfy customer needs.
- Develop the solutions strategy for ticketing technology which will include implementing the formal tender approach to cover ticketing technology, sales processes, ticket production and distribution plus customer relationship management
- Support an effective working relationship between The FA, LOS and UEFA
- Work with UEFA to understand, agree and manage client group tickets allocations/distribution – sponsors, teams, VIPs, scouts etc.
- Liaise with the relevant safety & security services and access control teams to facilitate safe entry to each venue.
- Complete the necessary reporting requirements in the planning phase, on match days and in a post-tournament report.
- Work collaboratively with all LOS departments to ensure effective delivery of all aspects of the ticketing plan
What we are looking for
- Good network within the football industry, especially in England
- Experience in delivering world class football/sporting competitions and events
- Previous experience of Ticketing in sport/major event environment
- Experience of managing a ticketing service provider
- Proven experience and success at management level, including complex project management.
- Proven leadership and organisational skills.
- Experience of working with a diverse range of stakeholders and proven success at building excellent working relationships.
- Experience in large scale event management and operational delivery.
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Organized, service-orientated and resistant to stress
- Full professional proficiency in English (both oral and written)