Monumental Sports & Entertainment (MSE), located in Washington, D.C., is one of the largest integrated sports and entertainment companies in the country with one of the most diverse partnership groups in all of sports. MSE owns and operates seven professional sports teams: the 2018 Arena Football League champion Washington Valor, AFL’s Baltimore Brigade, NBA’s Washington Wizards, NBA G League’s Capital City Go-Go, NBA 2K League’s Wizards District Gaming, the 2018 NHL Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals and the WNBA’s Washington Mystics.
The company is also co-owner of aXiomatic, which has controlling interest in global esports franchise Team Liquid, and owns and operates Capital One Arena in Washington, D.C. Monumental Sports & Entertainment also manages MedStar Capitals Iceplex, the state-of-the-art training facility for the Capitals and EagleBank Arena on George Mason University’s campus.
In conjunction with the District of Columbia and Events DC, MSE is a partner in a new sports and entertainment facility in Southeast DC on the St. Elizabeth’s East campus that opened in September 2018. Facility highlights include MedStar Wizards Performance Center, the brand-new training facility for the Wizards, Go-Go and Mystics, and a 4,200-seat arena which will serve as the new home of the Mystics and Go-Go.
Monumental Sports & Entertainment also co-owns and operates Monumental Sports Network (MSN) with the NBC Sports Group. MSN is the mid-Atlantic region’s top destination for exclusive fan experiences and original sports content across desktop, tablet, mobile and OTT streaming devices. www.monumentalsports.com.
- You will provide first-class customer service and value for our fans.
- You will champion a double-bottom line that engages, unifies and gives back to the community we serve.
- You will work tirelessly to build generationally exceptional teams that compete for championships year after year and create lifelong memories for our fans.
- You will measure performance with specific objectives and metrics and our analysis and decisions are compelled by data.
- You will prize leadership, but you should value teamwork and collaboration and transparency even more. We treat each other with respect. We act with honesty and integrity. We remain humble.
- You will innovate. We are nimble and first to market. We are not averse to risk.
- You will have fun. We are in the business of happiness.
Position Overview: The Senior Director, Ticket Sales, will lead all aspects of a dedicated campaign to exceed targeted ticket sales and revenue goals for the Washington Wizards.
- Head the planning, development and activation of Wizards ticket sales product offerings, including new full season memberships, group tickets and individual game tickets.
- Champion and cultivate an exciting and positive culture that extends through all levels of the sales team through team building initiatives, professional development programs, and innovative motivational techniques.
- Lead the planning and implementation of all outbound sales efforts, including product launches, sales events, seller incentives, and buyer incentives.
- Utilize proactive tactics to create incremental sales opportunities, with a heavy focus on a bold event-based selling campaign.
- Work closely with the Business Intelligence team to establish, monitor, and modify ticket prices across all Wizards ticket sales product offerings.
- Work with the Wizards Marketing team to plan and implement all ticket sales driven marketing campaigns.
- Manage and measure the effectiveness of all adopted ticket sales related technology tools, and explore newly available technology for opportunities to improve the overall results of Wizards ticket sales efforts.
- Lead a team of 3 Sales Directors in recruiting, hiring, and training a Wizards ticket sales team consisting of over 40 sales representatives.
- Establish and review monthly and yearly sales revenue goals, monitoring sales activities, and reporting of sales results.
- Regularly provide accurate reports of sales volume and revenue totals on both departmental and individual seller levels.
- Handle the service, retention, renewal and upgrade efforts for all established Wizards partial season ticket plan holders and group ticket purchasers.
- Assist in the development, planning and execution of group theme nights throughout the season.
- Support CRM team to maintain accurate customer and prospective customer records in our database, and effectively distribute leads.
- Along with our Director, Membership Services, work to ensure a seamless and efficient transition of new Full Season Members from sales team to membership services team.
- Work all Wizards home games for the purpose of activating and supporting in-game ticket sales efforts and promotional initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 5+ years successful ticket sales management experience in professional or college sports.
- 3+ years of successful ticket sales campaign management experience.
- Strong passion for professional basketball.
- Ambitious and dedicated attitude toward meeting and exceeding goals.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent relationship building and interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact comfortably and professionally with members of all departments across the company.
- Results-oriented approach to both selling and campaign management.
- Strong time-management skills and the ability to multi-task and manage multiple sales directors and teams in an effective and professional manner.
- Basic proficiency with computers and MS Office programs.
- Experience with Salesforce CRM system and Archtics ticketing system.
- Flexibility to work evening, weekends, and holidays as needed.