About the job
SoFi Stadium, the new home of the Los Angeles Rams and Los Angeles Chargers, is located at Hollywood Park, a 298-acre sports and entertainment destination being developed by Los Angeles Rams Owner/Chairman E. Stanley Kroenke in Inglewood, California. The 3.1 million square-foot SoFi Stadium is the largest stadium in the NFL, as well as the ﬁrst indoor outdoor stadium. It seats approximately 70,000, expandable up to 100,000, with more than 260 luxury suites and more than 13,000 premium seats. SoFi Stadium has already secured Super Bowl LVI in 2022, the College Football National Championship Game in 2023, and the Opening and Closing Ceremonies of the Olympic Games in 2028.
SoFi Stadium and Hollywood Park is seeking a Director of Ticket Operations to oversee the ticketing functions of the 6,000 seat Performance Venue and its on-going management of event operations on behalf of its tenants and events. The ideal candidate is someone who has successfully opened a new facility and helped to build a Ticket Operations department from the ground up. Additionally, this person should have a Fan First mindset, and be able to independently problem solve.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Work with venue directors to ensure efficient operations of the box office in each facility.
- Maintain the ticketing system and facilitate efficient communication between the ticketing partner, tenants, and platforms.
- Develop and nurture strong relationships with all of the current tenants in each facility.
- Coordinate all event information between the promoter, facility personnel, and the ticket company in a timely manner to ensure an accurate ticket build for all ticketed events.
- Work with event promoters and appropriate personnel to establish ticket pricing, scaling, and seating configurations.
- Establish and maintain positive, effective working relationships with the promoter and other show personnel.
- Build and modify all ticketed events when necessary.
- Establish event files that correctly document how the show was built, with all of the event build details as well as any requested changes to the event over the life of the event.
- On a daily basis, properly track all holds, comps, audits, and ticket inventory schedules.
- Manage internal, external, and group ticket orders, including strict limitations on complimentary ticket distribution as well as prompt, efficient turn-around times on all orders.
- Act as the on-site Box Office representative on the day of events for all production changes, artist/promoter/VIP program needs, and all other box office related responsibilities including participating in the event settlement process.
- On event nights, settle all box office activity with a prepared and complete box office statement.
- Properly balance the daily sales of the ticket sellers with regard to the number of tickets sold, money received from ticket sellers, and the seller’s bank at the end of the day.
- Audit the daily transactions and prepare the end of the day bank deposits.
- Train appropriate box office personnel on the latest ticketing products and technologies to optimize box office operations
- Train appropriate team members on the use of the ticketing system
- Provide exceptional guest service
- Supervise, instruct, and train ticket sellers as to the proper selling procedures.
- Efficiently and courteously answer questions concerning prices, seating, and events.
- On a daily basis, accurately monitor the inventory of all tickets being distributed and available for sale.
- Pay close attention to upcoming events with high/low sales volume, adjusting allotments to maximize availability and/or profit.
- Develop, monitor, and ensure that ticketing related financial information is easily and readily available to the accounting department.
- Train the staff on proper cash handling procedures and maintain proper cash controls.
- Accurately record daily cash received, cash advance orders, change orders, and vault balances.
- Prepare and submit a daily sales report of the previous day’s business transactions.