The Club’s Head of Ticketing will have responsibility and autonomy to manage the Ticket Office day-to-day operation, fulfilling all Club ticketing requirements. The successful candidate will lead the team in developing sales strategies to attract, grow and retain match attendances at The County Ground.
With an emphasis on achieving the very best customer experience and outstanding customer service, the successful candidate should possess strong leadership skills and be a comfortable communicator with stakeholders at any level.
Swindon Town have been successful in pushing new innovative ideas and we are looking for the successful candidate to continue this progression and engagement.
Core responsibilities will be, though not exhaustive;
• Provide inspirational leadership and management of Ticket Office staff team, including full time, part time and casual matchday staff
• Lead, manage, develop and coach the Ticket Office team, and where possible improving standards of performance
• Manage and lead all operational needs for both Home and Away matches, including sales date activations, ticket fulfilment operations, distribution channels, capacity management and reporting of sales performance, including the management of the matchday itself
• Liaise regularly with opposing colleagues at opposition clubs to manage all home and away match requirements
• Manage the membership schemes at the football club including the successful junior red membership.
• Maintain leading edge product knowledge on all aspects of ticketing
• Act as the Club’s ‘champion’ for the Ticketmaster sport XR ticketing platform and maintain knowledge on the capabilities through advanced functionality to continually enhance the supporter experience
• Sharing the ownership of the Ticketmaster and Skidata access control relationships
• Provide single point of contact for all conflict/dispute resolution relating to any escalated ticketing or membership matters
• Maximise, where possible, potential of up-selling and cross-selling opportunities across all Ticket Office channels
• Manage and oversee approval or refusal of all refund and complimentary ticket requests
• Be the dedicated Club’s Disabled / Supporter Liaison Officer on all ticketing and accessibility aspects of their role
• Provide regular sales & performance reporting to Chief executive and Finance Director and other department heads, as required
• Work closely with the communications department to ensure consistent share of accurate information to be pushed out to supporters
• Work closely with the marketing team to develop the ticketing sales communication for season ticket, half-season ticket, bundle tickets, match by match tickets and membership campaigns.
• Recruit, train and develop any new members of the Ticket Office team, when opportunities arise
Knowledge & Experience Essential
• Prior experience of leading a ticketing / box office team within sports, events or entertainment
• Understanding of ticketing industry operating software and access control systems, ideally Ticketmaster
• Strong knowledge of a portfolio of ticketing and membership products – covering but not limited to, seasonal and individual match/event tickets, bundle tickets, memberships
• Experience of working under pressure and against time-critical deadlines
• Experience of delivering exceptional, consistent, levels of customer service
• Proven management of managing people with the ability to lead, manage, train and develop
• Constructive contributor at head of department level
• Solid understanding of sale and marketing strategies within sports, events or entertainment
• Strong IT skills, including experience of working with ticketing platforms, CRM, data analysis tools, reporting systems and Microsoft office suite
• Knowledge of Ticketmaster Sport back office and online ticketing system
• Knowledge of Skidata access control system
• Experiencing of working alongside other internal departments to operate a cohesive team/business approach in all aspects of ticketing
• An understanding of managing departmental P&L
• An understanding of the annual calendar within professional football
Interested applicants should apply in writing, with covering introduction letter addressed to Danny Lee to firstname.lastname@example.org by the application deadline of Friday 30th October 2020