A job with Merlin isn’t like a job anywhere else. With attractions around the world, from roller coasters to wax figures, we don’t trade in suits, handshakes or briefcases. We trade in fun. In smiles, shrieks and spine-tingles. In Memories. In magic. But there are no tricks behind our magic.
Instead, there are people like you. Passionate, dedicated people who are committed to making sure our worldwide attractions and guests’ experiences are the best they can be.
We are looking for an Operations Manager to support the Head of Loyalty with the operational function of the sale of Merlin Annual Passes and Membership.
It will be your responsibility to work closely with the Attractions to ensure Merlin Annual Pass sales are kept front of mind with admissions, operations and other stakeholder groups to optimise sales. You will also be responsible for Merlin Annual Pass and Membership sales functionality, overseeing IT platform performance and third party sales channels. You will of course be a loyalty champion and you will be joining a small marketing team within the Central Loyalty team, working alongside colleagues who create memorable customer loyalty engagement experiences through digital campaigns, social engagements and loyalty initiatives.
You must have experience working in an attraction and deep operational experience of ticketing and selling passes. Global experience would be ideal as we transition to Global Pass Strategies, working with colleagues in the US, APAC, Europe and the UK. You will be responsible for managing our product portfolio ensuring that each product is managed in a way that encourages upsell into higher yielding products.
Key Role Responsibilities:
• Understand the attraction trading positions and the different dynamics of each attraction;
• Management of the operational elements of attraction loyalty campaigns;
• Day to day relationship owner with attraction admission and operation teams to ensure they are optimizing sales;
• Champion Customer Experience in the department working with Merlin Digital colleagues on projects which enhance Passholder experiences to drive loyalty through digital innovation, including the digitization of passes.
• Operational and process management skills;
• Ability to interpret analytical data from campaigns via Google Analytics and other campaign reports;
• Product development skills would be an advantage;
• Customer service skills;
• A natural cross functional collaborator with experience building and maintaining collaborative relationships with teams outside of marketing.
• A completer-finisher – we’re looking for someone who can bring new ideas and fresh thinking to the team, but will also complete tasks through to implementation;
• You’ll be a natural communicator and with an ability to build effective relationships;
• You’ll be comfortable interpreting data insights and will be required to work with our data colleagues to understand performance.
Benefits include a Company Pension Scheme, a Discretionary Company Bonus, a Merlin Magic Pass (which gives you, your friends and family free admission to all of our attractions worldwide), as well as 25% discount in our retail shops and restaurants and 40% discount on LEGO.