- We are looking for a QA Engineer to be part of one of our talented cross functional teams. You’ll be using your specialised experience and expertise to not only deliver quality solutions that solve business problems, but to also help take the Spektrix product to the next level.
- You will work collaboratively within an agile team at every part of the product lifecycle to deliver on priorities while evangelizing a quality first approach, championing improved testing practices and tools.
- You will help drive our automation strategy forward by working with the team to help ensure we are automating the right things at the right time.
- You will work closely with members across the business to understand how customers interact with our product and understand the scope of problems they are having.
- You will prioritise understanding the system as a whole including infrastructure, architecture and domain and feel confident contributing your views on quality to discussions on product features but also core improvements to the system at every level.
What we’re looking for
- You understand the full product lifecycle and know that quality begins at the start and not at the end. You understand how to address quality at each stage, how to make your voice heard and can articulate why QA is an important voice for a business.
- You understand the benefits agile brings to the QA process and enjoy working with the extra freedom, autonomy and accountability it gives you to make the job your own. You enjoy working closely with developers and the product owner and understand why all roles are important.
- You understand QA is not ticking off steps on a test plan but is using critical thinking and your unique insight, understanding and communication skills to help deliver what is needed with the team.
- You like to understand a problem fully, from how a customer would do something to what it looks like in the backend, and aren’t afraid to ask questions until you are satisfied you have all the information you need to help deliver a quality product.
- You know how and when to push back when you feel quality is being compromised at any stage of the process and how to assess, evaluate and communicate any observed risk.
- You enjoy owning and improving the testing practices for a team, while also being comfortable asking for help and guidance when needed.
- You are eager to learn new things, including new technologies, practices/processes, and technical skills and are passionate and enthusiastic to help reaffirm the mindset that quality and value should be at the forefront of everything we do.
Some of the technologies / tools we use
You may come from a different set of tools for testing, development and continuous integration and delivery. We’re not hung up on the technology and believe in the right tool for the job. Here’s what you’ll see in our current technology stack.
- Multi-tenant SaaS platform with a focus on configuration over customisation
- C#, exposed via APIs and MVC
- SQL Server and Redis
- CI tooling with Bitbucket for Source Control, and Bamboo/Teamcity/CHEF for builds and deployments