Position: Vice President, Business Development
Reports To: Chief Growth Officer
Location: United States, virtual. Other locations may be considered.
Compensation: $135,000 to $175,000, based on experience
Open Through: May 21, 2021 – 6PM, Eastern Time
Tessitura Network is comprised of more than 700 of the world’s premier arts and cultural organizations in 10 countries united by a common technology: Tessitura. Our CRM and digital solutions help organizations achieve their goals, even during challenging times. The community we serve includes performing arts organizations, museums, cultural and historical attractions, film and media organizations, and university arts venues and departments. Our nonprofit, member-owned structure keeps us focused on the success of the organizations and industries we serve.
The purpose of the Vice President, Business Development role is to generate strategic and sustainable growth for the North American Tessitura community and to collaborate with our sales leaders in other regions to support sustainable community growth worldwide.
A successful VP Business Development will understand the total addressable market and competitive landscape, create and execute a successful sales strategy focused on qualified prospects, and collaborate across the group and company to accomplish shared goals.
The VP Business Development is a key member of the Growth leadership team and collaborates closely across the team. The VP Business Development is also a member of Tessitura’s leadership team and will cultivate relationships and collaboration across departments to advance department and company goals.
Additional responsibilities include maintaining an individual portfolio of sales opportunities, as well as providing leadership and management to the North American Business Development team to ensure that both individual targets and overall sales targets and goals are met.
The VP Business Development is also responsible for creating and managing budgets, sales assets, and the overall sales pipeline. This individual will also collaborate with the Growth leadership group on topics relevant to accelerating sales, including opportunities to have a presence in the industry, market research, lead generation, and product positioning. Additional special projects and responsibilities will be assigned as needed.
Once normal travel resumes, this individual will be responsible for traveling to represent Tessitura at sales pitches and demos, meetings, conferences, and other events. Total compensation for this position includes base compensation plus possible additional compensation when individual and team sales targets are met or exceeded.
Required SKILLS and experience:
- 10+ years of experience working at the intersection of arts, culture, or live events and technology
- 10+ years of experience in B2B sales or equivalent business and relationship building experience
- 10+ years of experience leading and managing teams
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding sales targets with a multi-million dollar revenue goal
- In depth knowledge of the arts, culture, attraction, and/or entertainment industry and how organizations use technology to achieve their goals
- Ability to understand and communicate the key value propositions and business value
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and compellingly in writing and through one-on-one conversations and public speaking
- Experience developing and leading strategic initiatives
- Understanding of sales strategy and tactics
- Ability to prioritize and manage a high volume of work in a fast-paced sales environment
- Demonstrated ability to connect and build relationships with influencers and decision makers at all levels, including daily business users, technical and operational managers, and executives
- Demonstrated success leading a team to execute deadline-driven projects
- Demonstrated resilience, creativity, and collaborative problem solving
Preferred SKILLS and experience:
- Experience in one or more functional areas of Tessitura
- Experience with marketing, public relations, and/or branding