MyTicket owner Deutsche Entertainment AG (DEAG) said it will execute all events as planned despite cancellation recommendations from Germany’s health minister.
Jens Spahn said gatherings of more than 1,000 participants should be scrapped due to the increasing number of cases of coronavirus in the country. The number of people that have contracted Covid-19, the disease causes by coronavirus, in Germany has risen to almost 850 as of Sunday.
He said on Twitter: “After many discussions with those responsible, I emphatically encourage the cancellation of events with more than 1,000 participants until further notice.”
DEAG said it would carry out analysis of each event with the artists, their partners and local authorities and make an “appropriate decision on a case-by-case basis.”
The firm said in a statement: “DEAG is committed to its customers and their health but also to their enthusiasm for the respective events. DEAG sees the final decision on the implementation of events with the responsible authorities and at the same time respects the decision of every visitor to take part in major events.”
Germany has over the last week scrapped several huge fairs, including Berlin’s travel fest ITB, industrial show Hannover Messe and the Leipzig book fair.
Spahn’s latest recommendation could lead to the rescheduling of several other events, including Bundesliga football matches and rock concerts.