Earlier this week, Ticketmaster International hosted its annual get-together in London. A busy National Centre for Circus Arts @ Shoreditch Electric Light Station – in the heart of London’s hipster zone – welcomed TM teams from across the international (non-US/North America) operations – both B2B and B2C – along with selected UK and European clients.
Mark Yovich, President of Ticketmaster International (pictured), kicked off proceedings with a keynote that provided a lot of insights into the company’s forward planning. He told the assembled clients and staff: “Ticketmaster remains at the forefront of the industry and has the tools to amplify your profits, deliver transformative capabilities and delight fans.”
Highlights of his presentation included a number of new initiatives:
- Fan Guarantee – a ‘cooling off’ period for ticket buyers allowing them to request a refund in the first three days from purchase.;
- PayPal integration – long-discussed but finally in the roadmap and a move which will surely assist with mobile checkout conversions;
- YouTube integration – a great opportunity to connect discovery with ticket sales on the world’s biggest video service;
- EventBase – a rich, backend administration suite which allows ticketing managers to work collaboratively with third parties – such as promoters, venues, sponsors and other stakeholders – on seating plans, pricing structures, holds/allocations. From the visuals this looked very impressive.
We’d love to tell you more about the above but Ticketmaster has not responded to our enquiries. No formal press releases, roadmap or further info has been forthcoming.
Ticketmaster International also showcased four new Nexus Certified Program partners – :
- MakeItSocial – the UK-based social checkout platform (where consumers invite friends but pay individually);
- Verve (formerly Streetteam) – software for event organisers to create, recruit, manage, reward and retain a highly engaged network of brand advocates/ambassador;
- PlayPass – the Belgium-based RFID solution provider which helps clients gain valuable insight into the operational flow of their events;
- SmartPricer – a German-based provider of innovative analytics and real-time pricing software.
An open bar, food kiosks, theatre performances and live music kept the audience entertained between the specialist presentations from TM International’s Sport, Music, Analytics and other divisions.
We’ll let you know as/when we hear more.
Pic Credit: TicketmasterB2B