Vacancy: Venues Marketing Manager – Family Tickets Ltd
Family Tickets is looking for a Venues Marketing Manager to market tours of hit family shows such as Bing Live and In the Night Garden Live, and also assist with marketing other shows and events available from Family Tickets.
Our mission is to offer the easiest and most caring service to help UK families plan, book and share amazing days together. It’s grown from 9 years’ experience marketing and selling over 1 million tickets to one of the UK’s biggest family events, In the Night Garden Live.
About the job
As Venues Marketing Manager at Family Tickets you’ll develop strong relationships with marketing teams in theatres across the UK & Ireland, working with them to deliver successful marketing campaigns for touring family shows such as Bing Live and In the Night Garden Live. Working closely with the shows’ producer, you’ll support venue marketing teams in creating campaign plans, providing assets and generating effective content ideas. You’ll also prepare weekly sales reports and work with venues and our ticketing team to maximise sales through API and ticket allocations.
Salary: £27,000 – £32,000 depending on experience
Reports to: Marketing Manager
Location: London, SE1
Contract: Permanent, full-time contract, flexible working by negotiation.
Hours: 37.5 per week, Monday to Friday, 9:30am to 6:00pm with a one-hour unpaid lunch break. Occasionally some evening and weekend work may be required.
Notice: 2 months notice period (after 3 months probation).
Pension: Family Tickets Ltd operates a workplace pension scheme with the People’s Pension.
You’ll have at least 4 years experience working in live entertainment with a strong record promoting touring live entertainment productions, either for a marketing agency, working at venues, or as a freelance marketer.
● You’re passionate about reaching new audiences and ideally have some experience of working on family shows.
● You’re naturally enthusiastic about the shows you’ll be working on and know how to communicate their key selling points persuasively and succinctly.
● You’ll be proactive in identifying marketing opportunities with venues.
● You’re understanding, easy to get on with and you can work productively with a wide range of venue marketing teams all over the UK.
● You’ll be a good communicator, in writing, on the phone and in person.
● You pay attention to detail because you know a stray letter or digit could make a huge impact.
● You’re numerate and can work with spreadsheets to produce sales reports.
● You’ll have a good sense of humour, be approachable and quick to build relationships.
● You can follow detailed style guides and brand guidelines and support venue marketing teams in doing the same, to make sure that assets, social media posts, and emails are all on brand with appropriate language and tone of voice.
● You care about the audience experience and do whatever you can to improve it.
● Be flexible and willing to help. We’re a small, friendly team launching a new service and marketing a wide range of shows, so you’ll need to have a ‘can do’ attitude and be ready to take on new challenges as they arise.
● Devise successful local marketing plans with venue marketing teams.
● Manage marketing budgets for local campaigns across all tour venues.
● Maximise ticket sales across all tour venues to meet and exceed sales targets.
● Collate and report sales results and key insights across the organisation.
● Work with branding partners to develop relationships and opportunities with national licensees.
Detailed Job Description
● Negotiate venue marketing contras and sign-off at settlement stage
● Devise local marketing campaigns with venue marketing teams, negotiating FOC activity where possible and prioritising digital activity
● Negotiate API access with venues and agree sufficient ticket allocations to maximise ticket sales, working with our ticketing team to monitor and maintain ticket inventory.
● Oversee fulfilment of poster, flyer and other ad hoc print for venues, including briefing/approving artwork
● Record and update venue information in show tour sheets, company wiki and databases as needed.
● Oversee fulfilment of digital assets for venue websites, social and online adverts
● Oversee brochure entry design and approval process for all venues.
● Develop strong relationships with venue marketing teams to sell more tickets.
● Collate sales figures from venues on a weekly basis, compile and distribute the weekly sales report
● Investigate and identify any opportunities for additional local marketing activity, proposing ideas to venue marketing teams
● Coordinate marketing activity between venues as appropriate
● Coordinate marketing activity between the national and local campaigns as appropriate
● Oversee all venue launch events for relevant productions.
● Provide weekly venue marketing updates to producers.
● Coordinate with other freelance marketing and press consultants as needed.
● Creation of new and development of existing venue marketing packs.
● Travel to venues for meetings and watch shows as needed, which will include occasional evening and weekend work.
● Collaborate with producers and the Family Tickets marketing team on the briefing, scripts and delivery of tour marketing assets, including trailers, gala events, production shots, press activity and other national activity as needed.
Please submit your CV and a covering letter to venues.marketingmgr@