Austria-based software developer Keyper claims to have the leading cross-platform solution for the sale and distribution of tickets for sports, entertainment and arts. The solution is agnostic to primary platforms – it can integrate with any – and provide rightsholders with further control over secondary marketing whilst also improving the ticket-buying experience.
We caught up the smart team at its Wiener Neustadt HQ to probe further.
How does Keyper’s technoloy work?
We have two solutions for ticket sales and distribution: a mobile solution and a business solution.
For the mobile solution, we use a similar proprietary technology to blockchain, and we have an SDK which is integrated directly into the rightsholder app. The Android SDK is easy – just a few lines of code (see here for more).
There will be a My Tickets section in the app where fans can manage and handle their tickets and transfer tickets if they cannot make a game or if they have bought for other people. It is fully integrated across a smartphone’s functionality, so if I want transfer you a ticket, all I need is your number in my address book. I type it in and you receive an email or a text.
How does the mobile solution work?
The recipient receives a ticket invite from a friend or colleague via Message – that can be email, SMS, Whatsapp, Facebook etc. They then need to accept the terms and conditions of the club, which is a basic dataset and a requirement to opt-in to receive further communication. The recipient is now a new customer of the club whereas before they would have just been an unknown visitor.
On the one hand, this service can solve the already mentioned problems of the sports market (i.e.No-shows, identification of the customer and the secondary market). On the other hand it also brings far more advantages and added value to clubs and ticketing provider.
We explain how it works in this video.
And the business app?
This is more of a desktop solution which offers the following benefits:
- Reduce administration expenses;
- No search and find of ticket transfer places;
- Manage tickets of all events on one platform;
- Combination of all necessary tickets p.ex. parking & access;
- Send your guests your own branded tickets;
- Data & Statistics: know your guests;
- Organize and control seating.
What are the key benefits of the solution?
For Ticket providers and rightsholders our solution provide three key benefits. Namely:
- Additional revenues as the secondary market is integrated into the primary market while fully controlling and eliminating the black market;
- Reduction and elimination of investment costs for new technologies for faster and easier integration;
- Upgrading and extending existing service functions as a white labeled solution.
Any other benefits?
In short, our mobile platform provides numerous funtional benefits, such as:
- Quick, secure, easy, mobile platform;
- Data can be exchanged across the system and across platforms in a simple, consistent, counterfeit and fraud-proof way;
- Automatic or rule-based owner identification;
- Possibility to define transmission criteria and rules completely flexibly;
- White label solution.
But we also add value:
- Complete, also financial control of the secondary market, Integration into primary market;
- Realization of calculable revenues by reducing now show rates and increasing utilization rates;
- Increase cross-selling with customized offers.
Furthermore, we also reduce costs through:
- Quick, easy, modular and cost-effective connection and extension (investment protection);
- Automated or rule-based handling of tickets;
- Elimination of scattering losses when applying individualized services (seat delivery, etc.).
Who’s using your solution?
The technology is currently integrated into the club apps of FC Basel 1893, Switzerland, FK Austria Vienna, Austria and Karlsruhe SC, Germany, and with others set to be announced soon.
Any final thoughts?
The average football club can expect to generate around €1.5m more per season with this technology – whilst at the same time fans can expect a smoother ticket buying and sharing experience than has ever been available before.
Want to know more? Visit keyper.io