Best Union is looking for a new Commercial Manager to join their London team. Details, job spec and how to apply below:
Job Title: Commercial Manager, Best Union UK
Job Type: Full time, salaried (monthly)
Location: London: 9 Bonhill Street, EC2A 4PE (primary)
Responsible to: Managing Director (UK) and Chief of Sales and Marketing (USA)
Salary Level: Subject to skills, experience and behaviours (refer below)
Hours of Work: 37.5 hours per week (Additional hours may be required).
Travel (at short notice) may be required
Could be away from home for periods of time
Summary: Best Union UK Ltd. (“BU”), part of Best Union Group, sells, develops, maintains, implements and supports ticketing systems under the trading names of enta Ticketing Solutions (“enta”) and OmniTicket Network (“Omni”). Our systems are widely used in a diversity of sectors to include arenas, galleries, museums, theatres, theme parks, stadia and visitor attractions in the UK, EU, Middle East, Australia and USA.
Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
· Enthusiastically generate Commercial leads through existing relationships, independent research and discovery
· Maintain and develop Client relationships through regular meetings, phone calls and event/site attendance as and when required
· Document Client contact in accordance with Company policy and procedures to include accurate records of all sales and prospecting activities
· Interface with end-user customers, internal BU departments and/or divisions (non-UK) to understand, interpret and determine their Commercial needs leading to the application of, or alignment with, BU product/technology base (enta, enta connect, OVW6 and BOS)
· Effectively demonstrate and present BU’s product/technology base to end-user customers; with awareness to local country specifics and cultures
· Proactively sell additional BU products and services to end-user customers leading to incremental revenue
· Allocate resources, track timelines and review deliverables to ensure all Commercial initiatives meet the needs of the Client and the strategic goals of the Company
· Produce regular management information (MI) to support senior management and to effectively evaluate ROI on Commercial initiatives
· Deliver status and progress reports to project stakeholders (occasionally via formal presentation) and facilitate communication between all parties to include weekly reports and business correspondence as and when required
· Act as a key member of BU bid team(s), contributing to proposals, responding to tenders and delivering system demonstrations
· Identify, develop and create customised sales and marketing materials to suit potential audiences and BU product/technology base
· Promote BU product/technology base at trade related conferences, shows or seminars as directed
· Liaise with Legal and Finance teams to ensure contracts are completed and issued in a timely manner
Skills, experience and behaviours:
· 5 years’ experience of selling theatre, music, sports or visitor attraction ticketing systems
· Demonstrable Commercial sensibility and business acumen
· Proven analytical experience in a Commercial environment
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills to effectively present information to a wide range of audiences; end users, technical staff, vendors, departmental and senior management
· Fluent in English; written and spoken word
· Communicate system/technical issues with non-technical audiences, along with having excellent listening and interpersonal relationship skills
· Application of ticketing ‘principles’, Commercial models and marketing
· Passionate interest in the live entertainment business
· European language(s)
The following attributes determine how the role will be carried out and are required to be a success:
· Commercial sensibility and business acumen
· A rigorous approach to work and an eye for detail
· A highly motivated and conscientious individual with the ability to work well under pressure, to make key decisions and to motivate others
· Ability to act and learn on his/her own initiative and execute objectives without day-to-day supervision as well as work as part of a team
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
· Pro-active attitude; target driven ambitious individual with the drive to succeed
· Pro-active nature; a flexible approach to hours of work and location of duties
How to apply:
If your skills and experiences match that of this job description, please submit your current CV including full employment and education information to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 27th January, 2017 together with your salary expectations.
Please note due to high volume of applications for our roles we reserve the right to close all vacancies earlier than the advertised date without notice. To avoid disappointment please apply as soon as possible.
All roles at Best Union UK Ltd. are subject to full background screening.
Please note that relocation expenses are not available for this position
Best Union UK Ltd. expect all people to have an equal opportunity for employment and advancement on the basis of ability, necessary qualifications and fitness for work irrespective of sex, age, gender reassignment, disability, marital status, civil partnership, sexual orientation, colour, race, creed, religion, national or ethnic origin. As an equal opportunities employer, we recognise that diversity is a positive attribute and we understand and welcome the differences that a diverse culture brings.